Tuesday, April 03, 2007

38 cm

and growing....that is the status of my belly size( from top to bottom) according to my midwife visit yesterday. So, basically I am almost the size of a full term mama but I still have a while to go!! Let's see..what else? She did a cervical check (sorry if this is too much info for some of you) and thankfully the cervix is completely closed. Amelia's head, though, is sooo far down that the midwife could feel it. So, she said no more long afternoon walks for me. I am allowed to take a 10 minute walk, come home and drink lots of water and lay down! So, that'll be quite a change. She said we just don't want any extra pressure on the uterus since there is already so much, and of course, pre term labor is the big concern for twins. So, I went to the library again and stocked up on some more books (I found some Karen Kingsbury, Courtney:) and spent the afternoon reading. I think I'm going to have to buy a lounge chair to put in the backyard to at least be out in the sun for a bit each afternoon.

I guess that's all the news from the visit. Other than that, not much new is going on. Joelie is studying away for his weekly finals (yuck!), tomorrow is our 2nd childbirth class, things are just chugging along. The spring flowers are popping up and Joel took some great pictures of them on Sunday. I'll try to post them soon. We are both crazy about tulips:) Hope all is well with you, Jenny

1 comment:

Court said...

I'll never forget how huge (sorry Ash!) Ashley was at the end of her pregnancy with the girls, and she delivered early! So yes, you have some more growing to do. I think we have a picture of Ashley right before she delivered - it's an amazing sight...so make sure you get a pic!

Take it easy, enjoy the beautiful weather - I love tulips too!

Glad that you were able to find some Karen Kingsbury books - I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. The nice thing is that they're an easy/fast read.