Sunday, April 08, 2007

He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed...

So thankful today that He has indeed risen and as our pastor prayed with us last night, "That Jesus is not dead but is ever present and here with us this very moment ." What hope. I have felt the Lord so much during these first days in the hospital (oops, didn't know we were here? Read post below:). He has encouraged us through His word, music, wonderful and compassionate care, and through you.

Last night was wonderfully uneventful. Still no contractions, bleeding, or signs of infection. Didn't sleep much, but I really don't care much about that at this point. The doctor came this morning and was very encouraged that at almost 24 hours post water breakage, there are still no signs of labor. This is good. They monitored the heart rates and my contractions for about 30 minutes this morning and all was well.

Some of you have asked if Amelia will be okay with no amniotic fluid. My understanding at this point is that, yes,unless the three biggies show them self (infection, bleeding,and labor) she should do fine until 34 weeks.

My mom just walked in (yippie!) so I'm gonna go. Thanks for checking in, Jen

6 comments:

ashley said...

So glad to hear that things continue to go well. We've been praying! I'm glad your mom is there with you...moms always make you feel better!!! Take care and rest up!

Anonymous said...

on my knees for you and your little ones..He is risen indeed. love you, anna

Court said...

Glad to hear that your mom made it ok and that you had an uneventful night! We're praying for many many more of these! I know you're happy to have your momma there. Happy Easter!

Shanna said...

We are DEFINITELY praying for you! I'm so glad your mom is there--mine was SUCH a comfort to me. Please keep us updated!! MUCH love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

the exact thing you said in your post "we serve a risen God, living and active" is what i have been dwelling on all day today. i will pray for his life for all four of you, and that as your mom is there, she can breath that to you in the millions of ways she always does. Love you all!
abbe

Jami said...

I have wept with happiness and fear and then joy and worries. I have wept because I know how many plans you made and how those plans must be modified. I have wept because God has blessed you with two babies to love and hold. I have wept because there is such joy and happiness in life and you carry two wonderful lives within. I have wept because I love you. I have prayed and asked others to do the same. I know prayer is a whole lot more helpful than tears, but I can not promise that my eyes will not betray me.