Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh Brother !

Today was another ultrasound and all is well:) "The babies look great and are right on target", is what the doctor said. It was so much fun to see how they were positioned and understand a bit better why I was feeling sooo much movement in one area--all four feet are bunched together and kicking away! Right now they are both head down (I'm praying that they stay that way so that a C-section is less likely) and Sam is kind of pressing Amelia into a corner of my belly. At one point the doctor said, "Yep, he's sitting on her." Amelia had her arm covering her face most of the hour and it was like she was saying "Oh brother! Sam, could you please move over a bit?!" I like to think he is just wanting to snuggle:) Anyway, it was wonderful yet again.

Our first childbirth class was great. Everyone there really desires a natural birth and so it's fun to all be on the same page. Lots of earthiness going on in the room, but lots of admitting that we are all rookies and have no idea what we're doing(though we are trying to trust our bodies)! One fun moment was when we were having a small group discussion and Joel admitted that the only positive birth image he has in his mind is that of a calf being born.He thinks it's because the calf came out pretty clean and really cute, and anyway he thought it was really great. The only human births he has seen are Csections, which he hated assisting with because it was such a brutal surgery and a video of a vaginal birth which almost made him pass out. So,I had suggested earlier that I should cut out some laboring pictures that I love in my midwifery books to remind myself that birthing can be a positive experience. We decided that Joel should find some pics of calves being born and tape them beside mine to start transferring those positive images from calf births to baby births. Oh my. But hey, whatever works, right?
Anyway, without further ado, here are my 27 week pictures:)

Here I am cooking. This is the size pot I have to use now to fill this belly:)


Then I have to go have a rest after cooking and eating all of that food:)





Guess that's all for now! Jen

View this montage created at One True Media
Belly Pics

3 comments:

Court said...

Looking good Jenny! Love the pic with you by the cooking pot! ha!

Glad to hear that you liked the childbirth class and that you felt comfortable there. I'm sure that will help ease some fears.

Have a good weekend and get some rest while you can.

Anonymous said...

wow jenny a reall baby belly or babies belly ;)

Jami said...

Ok, so now I can quit looking at the blog several times a day waiting for the new pics to be posted! They are well worth the wait. Does Joel's need for bovine imagery mean that Amelia's nickname will have to be "Elsie" and Sam's will be "Ferdinand"?