Saturday, April 07, 2007

Prayer Warriors, start your engines....

So, Joel and I had just finished eating a leisurely lunch at Cafe Rio when I sat back to let out a big "I'm so full" sigh....and a gush of liquid came out. I said, "Joel, I think I just peed on myself!" The thought that my water may have broken didn't cross my mind. Then I stood up and it felt like Mt. Rushmore flowing out of me. That was at about 12:45 pm today (Sat).

Fast Forward to now, 11:35 pm. We are admitted into LDS hospital (we have been here since about 1:15pm.) Long story short, Amelia's water did break. I am having no signs of labor, no bleeding,and I have no infections. So, they really don't know why it broke other than that my uterus is so distended it may have just thought it was time for the baby to come. I'll be here until the babies come, which will hopefully be later than sooner. Their heart rates look great, they are still moving around like crazy and I am not having any abnormal contractions or signs of labor. The best case scenario would be to stay like this until 34 weeks when they would induce and deliver the babies. Other than that, every day that they stay in is a good day.

So bottom line, pray for the babies to stay inside as long as possible! They are giving me shots of steroids to help their lungs develop, which is the main concern if they were to be delivered at this point. Thankfully, I at least made it to 28 weeks and other than lungs and birth weight (they are both 2.2 lbs right now) the babies are pretty much fully developed at this point. Still, we want them to keep maturing and growing for as long as possible.

Joel and I are doing pretty well. I have been pretty weepy all day, but thankfully things have remained calm and I am feeling much better at this point. It was just such a shock as everything seemed to be going so smoothly. We have moved from labor and delivery to the post partum ward since everything is stable and so we are feeling a bit more settled. I got to put on my praise music ("Sing over me", Anna,I knew it would be such an encouragement!)and get my computer revved up, got some fruit and fruit juice in me and am about to try and get some sleep. Joel has been my rock, which he always is in crazy situations. Thank you Lord for my sweet, solid man. My mama is coming in the morning, which is a huge encouragement too. Thanks for your prayers for these sweet babies. We are so in love with them already.

I'll try to keep the blog updated, probably more so than e-mails, so keep checking back. Much love, Jenny

3 comments:

ashley said...

Jenny...stay strong. God is watching over you and those two precious little ones. Know that we are faithfully praying for all of you.

Cristy Jensen said...

Oh Jenny. I am praying too!! Tom and I can so relate to where you are. I recommend that you stay as busy as you can: seeking God, reading, journaling, and watching movies and resting in the hospital. Look at this time as a chance to take a break and rest. I'll be praying that you have contentment in the hospital! I love you. Cristy

Court said...

Oh Jenny ~ I was so sorry to hear that your water broke! I know that this is not the way you had invisioned things, but just stay strong, press on and know that God is watching over you, Amelia & Sam ~ protecting all of you and He will not leave you during this time. I know that you're not looking forward to being in the hospital for weeks on end, but if that's what it's going to take to bring them into the world healthy, then it will all be worth it! If they don't have a DVD player in the room, maybe you can bring one up there (A friend did that) and watch some favorite movies. At least you have plenty of down time to read! Just know that we're praying for you and thinking about you! ~ Court