Sunday, April 15, 2007

What A Day!!!

Today was wonderful. I already relayed to you my most wonderful time with Amelia and also that Sam was looking pretty good. Well, I just got home from the hospital and seeing my precious pair of people and I have some great news, They both gained some pretty good weight and Sam is OFF the ventilator. He is on CPAP, which I hope he stays on for at least a day, two would be great, just to get his lungs back and in good working condition. He's such a little trooper and a big time wiggle worm. He likes to squirm all around and stick his little legs straight out, just like how he popped out of his warm and cozy home in Jenny. He's so funny. Amelia is a little shy or flirty or something, she keeps her hands up to her face just enough to cover it but not enough to keep you from seeing her cute little face and wanting to see more. She was pretty much knocked out while I was there and when I went to say bye she gave me a big ole open eye stare as if to say, "And where do you think you're going mister?" Talk about making it hard to leave. Sam gave me a look over too, more of a trying-to-figure-everything-out look than anything else. They have such expressive little, and I mean little, faces. I love them so much.

Today was such a blessed day. It refilled my energy tank, which was bottomed out, and gave me hope. I know there are still many hurdles ahead but at least tonight I can lay my head down on the pillow and feel a bit relaxed because today was a good day. I know God's got the whole thing all under His control and it will happen how He wants it to happen no matter what I do or don't do, but I gotta say that having a good day is really, really nice. We hope and pray for many more just like today.

4 comments:

Court said...

So wonderful to hear about the good day you had yesterday!!! We will continue to pray for many many more of these! Love you guys.

ashley said...

Glad to hear that you had such a good day! God knows just when we need one of those!!

We continue to pray for all of you. I loved the pictures. What cuties!!

Anonymous said...

The babies are beautiful! Joel, I love your postings - you should be a writer! You are going to be an incredible daddy.
So glad you had a great day - Have a blessed day, and hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates joel.. anna