Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hilarity ensues...


Whew, I'm tired! Not so much sleepy as just bone tired. This is my usual state by the end of the day--sometimes I get a second wind and can get lots done in the evenings--but lots of times I am just plain pooped. Even with my mama here with me during the days, somehow we manage to be good and tired by the end of it all. The difference, though, with her here is that we get SUPER silly when we are tired together. The babies watched in complete bafflement as mom and I laid on the nursery floor after baths tonight and started playing ,"Big A little a, what begins with A...? " to see who could come up with the most words starting with each letter of the alphabet. We would roar with laughter when word would come out mispronounced or when one of us said "doo doo" for D and so on. I know, I know. Silly us. It is so much fun though. So much fun to have the companionship of my mom and to laugh and laugh and laugh until we pee in our pants (sad but true). To have someone who knows and loves you fully is just the best gift ever. To have help has been amazing. I mean to get a morning nap while mom takes the early bird shift has been nothing short of luxurious! But most of all, it just fills me up to be in her presence. To see her cool jewelry hanging in her bathroom and her knitting needles clicking back and forth making leggings for the babes. To see a candle burning in the kitchen(as it is her ritual to reward herself for cleaning a room by lighting a candle in it when she finishes:) and beautiful arrangements of roses around the house. To go for walks in the early morning and the Farmers Markets on Saturdays. To see how much joy she gets from life--it's infectious. Thanks mama for bringing us so much joy and for working so,so,so,so hard to make my load light while you are here and Joelie is away.

Speaking of Joelie, he is having a wonderful time in Ghana! Here is a little excerpt from his e-mail,

" We have only touched the tip of the ice berg of what we are going to experience here. It is phenomenal and firmly believe it was the right choice to come here and that it will only get better. I have been able to see and do many things recently, like funerals and school dances and long country drives and witnessing beautiful interactions with the people, that I cannot process it all yet. The clinic has been amazing and getting to meet the people that work there and see how incredibly hard they work has been inspiring.....They (the twins) would have so much fun here with so many little friends and you would have so many "helpers" and they ALL sling/wrap their babies. You would love that part. I am getting very much back in love with foreign endeavors and travel and missions....The people are absolutely beautiful here....Joelie"

Looking forward to having my lovey dovey back with us but am soooo truly happy for this experience for him. All for now, Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I dream of your family having foreign experiences together!
I know you will touch the world!

Your momma's heart sure is shinning all the time...
and yours together, is as delightful as summer
berries!

love here all around from the littlest Schoepf family
( yes, we are alll here. yay *wow* yippy! )

Oberg family said...

There is nothing like a mother. I know because that is how I feel when I am with my mom. I just hope our kids will feel the same with us as they continue to get older.

I am glad you are doing well and enjoying the time with your mom. I would love to see you all before she goes back home. Take care and we will see you soon.

much loveXOXO