Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dear crazy scooter driver,

At 11pm last night you zoomed past our house like, oh, 100 times! Back and forth, up and down our street. Why would you do that? Don't you know that we all have our windows open to let in the summer night air? Don't you know that we have babies sleeping?

What you may not know is that you are dealing with a mom on the edge. I haven't had 8 hours of consecutive sleep in well over 12 months! We are finally back to the place where the babies are only waking up once during the night and last night you threatened to disrupt that. Beware. I had visions of standing at the end of the driveway and throwing a frying pan at your head when you drove by. Scared, aren't you? Even scarier is that my mom is staying here. Take a look at her last year when we thought we heard an intruder upstairs...


Be very, very afraid if you attempt the same shenanigan tonight. Love, Jenny

8 comments:

the bakks said...

Tonight, please set up a video camera and film yourself, the skillet and the remains of the crazy scooter driver (and your mom standing guard with the weed wacker from Africa ;) ). Then make a cute video with catchy music in onetruemedia, then post it on the blog for all the rest of us to enjoy!! ....PLEEEEEEEASE!! :)

haha...your story really made me laugh!

I've been absent - I'm catching up on y'alls blog tonight, though, hence all the commenting :)

ann.e said...

i remember that :)

Anonymous said...

ok, sweet daughter of mine. where is the picture of you with the roll of contact paper as a weapon??? that was one funny night.

Unknown said...

Oh do i know how this is. they are re-roofing my neighbors house. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ALLLLLL DAYYYYY
Kerrrr plunkkkkkkkkk. Bang! dumo, boom!
ahhh!

Mojavi said...

lol that cracked me up... one thing you don't mess with is sleep! I am sure you would get off on temp insanity anyway :)

Oberg family said...

oh jenny, that was great! i think many of us can relate with you in one way or another. neighbors coming in late at night, 12-3AM with the music blowing out all the windows in the house, peeling out in the circle and YES WAKING UP GAVIN!!! i know what you mean!

what a great lauch in the morning. can't wait to see you next week!

Shanyn Zink said...

Joyce, you look like, "Heee heeee heeee...Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Intruder, let me stop laughing first before I attack you with this big knife. Oh, dear me, it's so hard to STOP LAUGHING!!"

Please be more serious when you're trying to defend your life, okay?

heee heee :) :)
Shan
PS Jen - You know me, I probably would've gone out there in my PJs and stood in the middle of the road and asked him to STOP!! Me & my passion...gets me in trouble more times....:l

Anonymous said...

You and your mom have such good times even in distressing situations - imagined or not! Ya'll are both so funny the two of you should write a blog. I so wish I could visit with you two. love you both lots, b

p.s. I guess I have truly joined the world of blogging, I meant to say book.