Friday, July 11, 2008

What a difference a year makes!

Click here to see my birthday post from last year--amazing! Still so thankful for my two little gifts, Jen

p.s. Funny story. This morning the babes and I were in the produce section of the grocery store at about 7:45am. Joel worked an all nighter last night and wasn't yet home. Feeling a bit sad that I wouldn't really get to see him on my b-day as he needed to come home and sleep to prepare for another 13 hour night shift, I was wandering around the store looking for a treat to make myself feel better (yes, I am turing 28 years old and not 8. Still, I like treats!) Anyway, all of the sudden I look up and see a bleary eyed Joel walking towards me with a balloon, cards, and flowers! He said he had been sitting in front of the store writing my cards whenever I walked past him with the babes and I didn't even see him! He rides his bike to the train and then takes it to work and so his hair was wild from his helmet, his eyes were red from working all night, he just looked pitiful and oh,so sweet! It was a great birthday surprise:)

p.s.s. Another great birthday surprise was hearing THIS great news from Courtney!

7 comments:

Court said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! I hope that you have had a wonderful day. Thanks for posting our good news....as always, you are a great encouragement to me! Much love on this our special day :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny. Love, anna

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you, sweet jen...
love,
mom
you were our gift that continues to bless!

ann.e said...

wow that IS crazy looking at last year's post! so small! anyway sounds like you had a happy birthday - that was so sweet of him to find you at the store!

-i thought i'd wait for you to see the picture of my wonderful find :)

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday - how can you be THAT OLD??!! he he Don't worry, you don't look it!
That was so sweet of your Joel to do that for you when he was bone tired.
Love, Dawn

Shanna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNY!!!! What a wonderful birthday surprise! I love the hiking pictures, too. Where did y'all get the baby backpacks? We're interested in getting some more outdoor equipment...you always have the neatest stuff!! ;>

Howard's said...

I'm sorry, who is in the produce section at 7:45???? Anyway, happy birthday late as always.