Friday, July 04, 2008

A good day after all...

A peek into Independence day in the Hunt abode:

5:45am--Babes are awake. My mama has already left the building via our super friend Uai. See, we don't do airports, my mom and I. Things are already dramatic enough without airport goodbyes. So, MUCHO thanks to Uai!

6:00am--I don't hear my mom's footsteps coming towards the nursery, and so I don't say to the babes, "Who's footsteps do you hear?! It's SUPER GRAMMY!" Which is what I said most every morning that she was here. I don't see their little faces light up and start crawling towards her and I don't hear her say, "Jen, you go back to bed. We'll be fine." I start to boo hoo a bit. Amelia looks at me with concern and Sam looks at me with a sly grin like I must be playing a new game. So, not want to upset them, I try giggling and crying at the same time. It wasn't pretty.

10:00am--We take a walk to the park to see the ducks. The walk my mom took the babes on most every morning while I --gasp--slept! On my way I sing "All byyy myyyseeelllf. I'm gonna be alll byyy myyyseeelff." Over and over again and probably a little too loudly. I call Shanyn and leave a sad message about it being a sad morning. I'm sad.Waa waaa, I know. Then Amelia starts saying, "Duck. Duck. Duck.Duck." and I realize she must know where we are heading. That cheered me up a bit.

(adorable picture taken by my mom)

10:30am--Done visiting the ducks, I remember that the 4th of July Sugar House festival was going on right down the street and so we swing by. We walked through the booths and the folks and I felt a little less "Allll byyyy my seeeelf." Did I mention it was overcast and breezy? My mood is definitely improving.

12:00-- We watch this video with the babes aout ten times and it makes them smile. It is of our very special visit with Gavin and his mommy Naomi. Gavin was in the NICU with the babes. In fact, he was in the incubator right next to Sammy's when the babes were first born. We grew to know and love their family and develop a bond that is different than any other I have experienced. This was the first time we have seen him ( I saw Naomi in the Babies-R-US parking lot one day and we cried our eyes out:) since we left the hospital. It was amazing. As you can see, the babes had a lot to catch up on as well!


1:00--We all take a good nap and then head to Liberty Park for a walk and then a crawl fest and then a snow cone. Mmmm mmmm.

5:00--Back at the casa things get a bit harry and so I put on the classical music, take a deep breath and push through dinner, bath and bed time. And here I am. It was a good day. Thank you God for giving me an easy, happy day today.

Hope you all had one too. Happy 4th, Jen

P.S. I have a new hair cut. That is (almost) always a good thing:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love your hair, but hate that you have to feel alone.
i hate being alone, too. But if its any consolation, i am alone today on the 4th as well jen!

Anonymous said...

oh how i missed those precious faces this a.m. and the walk to the park and hoola hooping and bath time and all the minutes in between. i am sitting on my porch, in the quiet, missing the squeals, laughs and even the cries...
love,
grammy

ann.e said...

you make me smile :)

Tammy said...

Awww, Jenny, I'm sorry you felt so alone today. We are here and would love to play with you sometime. We could play tomorrow if you are wanting some company. Or how about all of you coming for dinner? Or can we bring you some dinner? Let me know...

Tammy

Court said...

So glad that you had a good day after all. I know it wasn't easy to say goodbye to your Mama! By the way ~ I love your new "do" :)

Robin said...

Oh, Jen - my sis-in-luv. I noticed your hair in the other post, with the pics of you and my mom-in-luv...(she got a cut, too, right?). I LOVE it! You wear every "do" very well!

We miss you and love you and hope the goods of yesterday outweigh the bads.

The Klentzmans said...

I love it! Hurray for short hair- why is it that when you are sad chopping your hair can make you feel just a tiny bit better?