Monday, July 14, 2008

Togetherness Series--Part 6

Tandem breast feeding edition:

So, Sam and Amelia, I just have to mention this one because for almost a month now I have rarely, if ever, fed one of you at a time. This is not my choice. You see, I have always preferred to nurse you one at a time and have that little bit of time and space with just the two of us. We went through a couple of months of Amelia being jealous of Sam eating (remember the fake crying drama-rama?) but nothing compared to the current state of things. If I am nursing you Sam, Amelia will literally come and plop her self down on top of you until I position her in a way where you can both eat. Though you aren't quite so forceful, you make it known that you MUST eat when Amelia eats, and so we have adapted. Though I miss the ease of singleton nursing, it is pretty precious to see you guys hold each other's hands and so on while you eat. I'm sure you will thank me for sharing this with the blog world when you get older. What can I say? It's a big part of your togetherness right now--I just had to make it part of the series! In honor of breast feeding, and just in case you missed it the first go round, here is Big Bird him self learning about this "funny way of feeding a baby"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited you found the video again. that is a pretty sweet sign of togetherness.
grammy

Tammy said...

Awww, so sweet. I wish I could have BF my babies more than I did - too bad biology didn't cooperate.

BTW, I have the Charlie's soap for you from Sarah Hecox. Give me a call and we can arrange pickup somehow :).

ann.e said...

ha! i love that video!

those two are so cute. what a sweet picture - it really looks like it's from the 70s!

Unknown said...

I love breast-feeding posts! Ah!
What a unique gift you have for feeding too!
We should all look up to you, for the staying power, your will, patience and compassion to breast-feed through your trial!!
And I just love Buffy. ( plus she has a a ThunderBird Motel feather clip in her hair, what a cool girl...)