Tuesday, July 08, 2008

*Out of Africa...

He's home. Slowly the stories unfold as we merge back into our life--the time apart making us appreciate once again the peace that comes with togetherness. When he walked in late last night there was a flurry of his unpacking the thoughtful gifts he couldn't wait to unveil. It was like a wonderful Christmas morning dream full of wooden animals and dishes for the babes, wooden carvings of pregnant and baby wearing women for me, then a doll and dress for his baby girl , a soccer jersey and instrument for his boy. He's a gift giver, that Joelie. A very,very good one. We stayed up late and talked and looked a pictures, flipping back and forth between subjects of home and abroad. The conversation continued today as we took walks and giggled with Amelia and comforted Sam (still having major molar issues) and bathed them in the backyard baby pool, and on and on. Life continues, and as it does I get glimpses of his time in Ghana. So far it sounds like...
Friendships made...

Adventures had...



Lessons taught (and many learned)...

And a heart made a bit bigger by those he saw along the way...




He goes full steam ahead into his LAST rotation starting on Thursday. August 8,2008--graduation day folks, and it's right around the corner!So, while he may not have time for lengthy posts, I'll try and get a slide show together for ya because there are many, many wonderful pictures. All for now, a very happy Jen

*Thanks Shanny for this post title:) I hope the wait wasn't too excruciating!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome home, joel hunt!!! oh my gosh, i'm in love with africa and i've only seen a few pictures. i can't imagine what you carry in your heart, joel.
give those sweet babes hugs and kisses. jen, call when you can.
mom

Court said...

So glad to hear that Joel made it back home. I know you all are happy to be back together again. I'm sure that he had an amazing experience in Ghana. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Oberg family said...

the memories that you will carry with you from Africa will be a lifetime to remember! i am glad that you made it home safe and sound, but most of all i am sure your wife and babies are happy to hold you in their arms. way to go joel!

those pictures are just beautiful. i can just hear the stories with each and every one. looking forward to the rest too.
take care and welcome home!!!

ann.e said...

those are amazing pictures!!! can't wait to see/hear more. we should definitely plan a bbq/picnic post graduation!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Joelie!! Glad you made it home safely, and the pictures so far are amazing! Love you guys, and can't wait to see y'all again.

Peace, Bub

Shanyn Zink said...

OH!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! Thanks soooo much for this post. This definetly brings a much needed siigh of relief from this anxious waiter. Heee heee. ;) I loved it. Great job on the re-entry into home atmosphere summary and wonderful to know that he brought so much happiness into the house and I'm soooo glad that the two Hunt women FINALLY have their men back. It was kind of hilarious reading that line about "flurry of unpacking gifts that he couldn't wait to give"...because I could use those exact words to describe Dad unpacking before Mom & I when he got home from Ukraine yesterday. Soooo precious to see his excitement about giving. I LOVE that about both the Hunt men. ;) Better wrap this up...so I'll end with no it wasn't excruciating because when I looked this time there it was!! Ah. I'm so proud of my bro and so glad for all of you. Love,
Shan

Unknown said...

exhilarating and wonderful !
How worthy you are of your trip, and those who crossed your path Uncle Big Buddy.

Shanyn Zink said...

ooo! I like Tara's comment. I'd like to raise my glass and say "here, here" to that. So, "Here, Here. Here, Here."

Robin said...

Oh Joel. You completely inspire me. Everything you do is giving and unselfish and brave. I'm proud of you. I'm in awe of you. I can't wait to hear/read more about your adventures. We missed you in New Braunfels. I'm ready to hear the rumblings of two Joel's snickering at each other. Big, big BIG love to you.

Anonymous said...

Count the Montgomerys in on those waiting for more pictures and subtext. When can we get some tube-time on the Guadalupe with some/all of our Hill Country connections. We are presently sending out our resume so who knows?