Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dear Grammy...

This is Amelia! Guess what we got in the mail today? Our new kitchen that you ordered for us! I got to try it out first because I woke up from our nap before Sam did. I LOVE it. Seriously, I do. Mom said that people like specifics when you thank them for things and so here is a pictorial for you.
First, I was just amazed by the newness and grandness of it all.

Then, I fell in love with the Salt and Pepper shakers and wouldn't let them go for a long time. They make a rattle sound when you shake them--how clever is that?!

Finally, I started to explore more features like the lid that you can take on and off of the pot and frying pan--fun stuff!


Then things got a little silly...

Things got pretty serious after that because Sam got up and as soon as he came in and saw our beautiful new kitchen all he said was, " You're cooking mushrooms?! I thought I smelled something weird when I woke up. I don't think I like mushrooms." Hmmf. Typical male for you!

I'm just kidding. He really likes it too, especially opening and closing the oven door.
Anyway, I need to get back to playing but we love and miss you Super Grammy and can't wait for your next visit! Thanks again. Love, Amelia

8 comments:

Unknown said...

kitchen play time! i just cannot wait to join you little niecey and nephew!

the bakks said...

ah, we've been eyeing a kitchen very similar...glad to see it got some great reviews :) Amelia's smiley picture says it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, is there any toy cuter than that kitchen. Loved all the pics but the one of Amelia is adorable. I love that I got to see that silly smiling face. b

Sarah H said...

A friend of ours has that kitchen, and it is SO COOL! :)

Isn't it fun to help mama cook dinner??

ann.e said...

No way!! Lucky ducks! We'll be right on over...

Rebecca Zappasodi said...

oh my goodness...Jenny they are too cute. I remember playing with my little kitchen set- They are going to have the best of time on that. Aren't grandparents the best??

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy they like it. I can still see you at your little kitchen. What sweet memories.

Michelle D said...

They are getting so big! So cute:) We still love our kitchen like this too - it's awesome! We especially love it when the nieces come to play with it.