Friday, July 18, 2008

Here comes the sun... (*Updated with link)

One thing I love about the summer sunshine is hanging the cloth diapers out to dry. The sun works magic on stains and makes them so fresh and yummy! Okay, maybe not yummy, but you get the picture. Here is a photo from today's batch of diapers...


It looks very,very similar to a batch from last summer. Oh, but wait! What is that on the left side of the picture?


Awwwww, it's a itty bitty Sam! I remember this day as if it were yesterday. Sammy just lying on that blanket staring at the sunflower above him. Amelia in our bed sleeping the day away with her first little cold. It was a good day. As was today.


Here is Amelia on that same day looking not so happy about being on top of the fresh, dry laundry:)


Here is to embracing all that we can about each season, Jen

p.s. I am aware that I'm a bit obsessed with the 1960's editing tool that I found. I'm going to try and ease myself out of it, but just be patient with me:) The rounded edges, the faded colors...sigh.

p.s.s Sorry that I didn't provide you with the link to the 1960's look before now--how dare I keep that goodness all to myself!! The photo program is called picnik. Once you get started here, go to the "create" tab and you'll find the 1960's look. Happy photo editing!

12 comments:

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh Jen you make me laugh out loud so much. You are so FUNNY. (laughter) Wait! Don't back out of the 60's editing tool!! I love it. I love it. We can look at it for awhile. It's a cool tool.
Shanynynyn

Shanyn Zink said...

This is not related to OUR STORY but yet, re: the gift of children it is.....Maggie Joy - Courtney & Michael's new adopted daughter came home today!!!! She's sooo cute. What a precious wonderful story. Just had to let the world know.
Shan

Mojavi said...

i was owndering why your pictures looked like they were all from the 0's lol

Mojavi said...

ohh and where is it??

catherine said...

Your children are beautiful and when I read your blog, I am always impressed by what a great mother you are and touched by how much I can tell you love them simply in how you write. The pictures you put up of them growing are adorable, and I love the 60's touch on the pictures.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe the changes in one year. i have to admiti luv that 60's look also.
grammy

Sarah H said...

Love the nappy pictures!! I've been dying to hang things out to dry with the gorgeous weather we've been having, especially since our backyard gets sun pretty much all day long. (Plus I'd like to save a bit of electricity!) But I need to get J to put a pole in so I have somewhere to attach the other end of the line!

And I too love the 60's style photos. :)

Unknown said...

Jen you do not have to stop using the 60's editing.
I sure ain't, no mam.

The Klentzmans said...

Ok, so where does one find said 60's editing tool? (from a not so creative mother that likes to steal other people's ideas)!

Kelly said...

hi jenny! yes, it's fun to reconnect and follow everyone's story via the blogworld.

great photos... i love the diapers hanging on the clothesline. and i love the 60's photo editing... in fact, it's all i can do to make myself say hi before i leap over to the website you posted!! :)

love, kelly

Hayden and Kelly said...

Such a wonderful season! I wish is was summer year round. Can you believe our boys graduate in a couple weeks? WOW! Can't wait to see you and the kids! It will be so great!

T-Rae said...

Hi Jenny. You don't know me, but you do know my cousin, Kelly McMullen. :-) I mentioned something about thinking about delving into the world of cloth diapers but feeling overwhelmed and she sent me to your blog. :-) I'd LOVE to get the scoop from you...which style you use and why you like it and how you fit CDing into everyday life. :-) I don't know if you moderate comments, so I don't want to post my email in case you don't...but if you wouldn't mind posting a comment on my blog with your email and I'll just delete it rather than approving it. OR Kelly can give you my email addy too. :-)