Friday, February 29, 2008

A fitting end to a sleepy day...

So, the babes decided to meet the day at 4:45am this morning. Needless to say, I was dragging. By bath time I had to psyche myself up to get them in the tub instead of putting them in their hammocks with clothes covered in carrots and teething biscuits and all:)

So, there they were in the bath tub, happy as can be. I was holding a coffee cup of water over Amelia's head getting ready to get her hair wet to wash it. Right before I poured it I saw something in the cup and I thought, "Is that poop?" Yes, it was. I looked down and it was everywhere. So after draining the tub and washing them again I was more than ready to start bed time. I picked Sam and as I was heading to the nursery and as I passed the (open) kitchen window I froze and thought,"Why don't I have any pants on?" I quickly walked to the nursery (passing not one, but two more open windows) and sat there so puzzled and totally scared that someone had seen me! I had my jeans on when we went into the bathroom and then they were off when we went out and I still am not completely sure why. When I went back to get Amelia (the back way where there are no windows) my jeans were hanging up neatly on a hook and my socks were there too! The only thing I can think of is that in my sleepy state I took the babies clothes off and then just kept going and started taking mine off?!

Oh my. I better go to bed really early tonight! Hope you had a good one, Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, jenny, i WILL take over bath time when I come and i will try to stay fully clothed. I could not stop laughing especially since I had history to draw on! :)
grammy

The Bittles said...

It reminds me of the time when we were little and you'd sleep walk. Even then you had a propensity to take your clothes off :). Thanks for the story though - I've been smiling ever since and can certainly feel for you! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, What a great story. Just wish I could be there for you. love you all, b

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
It sure makes me happy to know you have that sweet Shari there to support you through bath time!!!
Give her a big hug.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Great work.