Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Can you even imagine having just one baby?"

I hear this question a lot and the answer is, actually yes I can! I hear lots of twin mamas say no, but I just don't feel the same way. I mean, I can't imagine life without Sam or without Amelia. But, honestly, I can sometimes imagine having them one at a time! For instance, when one is crying and one having a great ol' time, I want so badly to be able to enjoy that joyful moment with the happy one. Or, when trying to get out the door. Or, when trying to put them to bed or naps and one isn't ready. Or, when I am trying to comfort one and distract the other by making faces or literally throwing (soft) toys to them across the room hoping it will be the one to make them happy! You get the picture.

Now, having said all that I must say that "Double the work, double the joy" is a very accurate quote when it comes to twins. There are many,many moments that I feel what I know to be true. God gave us an extraordinary gift when he gave us Sam and Amelia together. To watch them interact and to have double of what I have longed for for so long--little souls to nurture, cheeks to kiss, giggles that make my heart melt.......there is just such joy. So, here are some recent pictures that remind me what joy there is in two. Happy Valentines guys, may you have lots of love in your life whether it be from your sweetheart, one baby or two, your friends, family or even from a special pet (Willow is is looking at me like "What about me!?". Love, Jen
P.S. Happy Birthday to my sweet mama!


I love this one because it is so representative of their personalities thus far. Amelia trying sooo hard to crawl, to explore, to reach, to grab and Sam laid back on the boppy using her as a footstool. :) So funny those two are!


Splish splash, we love watching them in the bath!



We got quite a kick out of them fitting perfectly inside Joelie's new grocery holders for his bike (and no, grandmothers, he did not take them for a ride!:)


My very favorite....
"Sam? Are you in there? Stop napping and come play!"

4 comments:

ann.e said...

I love all these photos :) and love that we're getting to know these two little ones and their unique and adorable little personalidades.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see them in person. They are just so cute! love ya, anna

Anonymous said...

I finally got the pictures! They are so darn cute. Come on summer!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

OK OK - We are no longer the "dial-up" friends! WooHOO for Road Runner! I'm pretty caught up now and love the hammocks! Only in a Hunt household! :-)