Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In which Amelia proves that she is in fact moving forward...

Practice makes perfect! For the past couple of weeks Amelia has spent her days tirelessly practicing her crawling skills. Even when she figured out how to scoot backwards she refused to give up on her forwards crawl. Well, her efforts paid off! A few days ago she went forward for the first time in front of her papa. We couldn't believe it!

Well, she was using her new skill in no time! I was feeding Sam on the futon mattress on the floor. Amelia, who was sitting on the floor playing saw us and immediately got jealous. Nursing envy, which is common in twins, is in full swing here! So, she started fussing. I usually either try to distract them with a toy or just feed them both at the same time. This time, though, Amelia took action before I could. She moved from a sitting position onto all fours and started crawling towards me. She got to the futon mattress and used my jeans to help her climb up into a kneeling position in front of me. She then reached up, pulled down her side of my nursing tank (it was already unhooked), leaned in and started nursing! I started cracking up laughing, but this was no joke to her and she nursed kneeling in front of me for her whole feeding.

I hope you can imagine that because it really was so, so funny. I am sorry that I cannot supply you with a picture of that one:) Here is a very short clip of her in action, though.

4 comments:

ann.e said...

That is the most amazing, hilarious story ever. Yay Amelia!! Go Sam!! :)

Court said...

Way to go Amelia!!!!!

the schilps said...

oh my gosh, jenny. sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall in your house. what sweet, fun babies you have. and, what a big girl! i love how unique the two of them are. even at such young ages, their personalities just shine through. i so hope to meet them soon :)
love
ab

the bakks said...

oh the kneel-n-nurse. baby's drive thru. :)