Monday, February 25, 2008

A childhood hero.

Larry Norman was a Christian rock singer in the 70's and my mom and dad, being new Christians and longtime hippies played him all the time when we were little. We loved him and I love him still. He was a very outspoken lover of Jesus. His songs were simple and I could understand them as a kid. We would have our own little ragamuffin rock shows belting out his music and as I grew older the meanings grew and grew. In high school one of the members of our church would sometimes sit on the stage with just his guitar and simple voice and sing some of Norman's songs...it was so comforting to me, so real.

So, like Bob and Judy said in their comment, it was with both sadness and joy I felt when I found out that he went to Heaven today. I know you will be resting in the most complete peace today Larry. Or probably rocking to it! Here is a video for you guys....

Click here to read his bio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i watched all that youtube had to offer last night. what great music. thanks for letting us know. i am thankful that you have sweet memories of his music.
Keith,Rich, and Larry... what passion for God.

Anonymous said...

We did too! My favorite is "Sittin in my kitchen/Mercy me!" Robert, Judy and James

Sarah H said...

We used to listen to Larry Norman too! Love the video - I'm sending it to my dad.