Thursday, April 30, 2009

The words they say, they're new every day.

I never record the babes new words/phrases on the blog (mostly b/c I think we mamas compare development too often, so just know that though I do hear all of these words from them I also hear a lot of "du du" which is their universal word for everything and what they say to strangers most often:) but I better start recording them somewhere! So, here is a little "baby book entry" about the language development going on in this house.

Phrases that I am hearing frequently,
" Sister's bed, Sasa's elbow, Daddy's shoe "
" Daddy heart" (Daddy drew that heart, etc.)
" Brother cry"
"Daddy work"
"Baby eat, baby owie, baby come "
"Plane, hug." (Amelia always holds her arms open wide to hug and kiss planes as they fly by"

Phrases for asking
" Vera, come?"
"Home, go?" (Can we go home?)
"Kitty, go?" (Where'd the kitty go?)
" Treat, eat?"
"Flower, pick?"

New words:
Fix
Puter (computer)
Ours
Same
Grumpy
Funny
Sad (only signed before)
Obey
Puddle
Rainy
Windy
Penis
Hunt (as in "Sambo Hunt" "Mommy Hunt" "Daddy Hunt" "Sister Hunt" when I ask Sam our names. So adorable.)

Lots, lots more I'm sure. Also, letters are all the rage around here. Just all of the sudden you know. Our car rides are now FULL of letter sightings, as are trips to the grocery store. "Letters!" they shout as we pass bill boards, highway signs, or the big M I L K above the dairy section. Sammy is actually learning his ABC's pretty quickly, while Amelia is only in it for the thrill of the "letter hunt" right now. She doesn't really care what they are yet:) I'll try to get a video of him singing, but right now he knows "A B C D F I K M P Q R T U W" and can identify A, O, S, and L with relative consistency. Go Sammy Go!

And here, by popular demand (his Auntie Shanyn:), is more of Sam rolling around on the big ball in the back yard while we all cheer him on:)


All for now, Jen

6 comments:

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh thank you, thank you, Jen. :) Still laughing....It is such GOOD medicine for my soul.
shan

Court said...

wow - they have a great vocabulary! Way to go Sam on all your letters too! Maggie has no interest :(

Unknown said...

they do have a great teacher of words Mama!!

Anonymous said...

They are so smart!
Love,
Mammy

Sasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sasa said...

You guys are seriously one of my favorite families EVER. I'll miss you while we're out of town. Give my love to the kiddos.
P.S. You forgot a word that has been on of their favorites lately... buggy. I must hear that one a hundred times whenever I'm with them!