Monday, April 06, 2009

Amelia is in a new phase where she wants two of everything. For example, when she is playing with her farm animal figures and is holding a baby pig she will say, "two, two" as she scans the group of beloved animals to find the other baby pig. She absolutely does not want to play with an animal unless there are two of them! Thankfully we have a least two of every animal except for the poor baby goat, and after I have convinced her that there is only one she will chuck the goat to the side and move on:)

So, it was without surprise that she has taken to only wanting to play with "two babies". After watching her sway and shhh and rock her two babies to sleep, I have no doubt that she could handle twins any day! Here is the little mother herself,


Though I am sure it will be another of her odd, fleeting phases it does kind of make you wonder if being with another person in the womb and almost every single moment for the two years since has anything to do with this obsession with double everything! They are pretty inseperable these days, by the way. I watch as they follow each other's lead in play and show great concern for the other and so on. Sigh, I can't believe our babes are turning 2 on Saturday. How we love them more and more!

Hoping you had a most beautiful spring day,
Jen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Even numbers are happy numbers!

Jenny, the twins are just too cute for words.

Sarah H said...

Oh my goodness, are they really turning two already??!

Kelly said...

two years? already? wow.

Shanna said...

Toooo cute! I loved the previous post about Sammie, too. Hey, I've been wanting to ask you...a looooooong time ago you posted about a Montessori book for activities for kids. You said they were mostly for kids over 2 but that you were already going to start gathering stuff so you'd be ready when your kids were old enough. I looked back through your posts and couldn't find it and was wondering if you knew what book I was talking about? I'd like to try some new activities with Jonathan. Thanks, friend! --Shanna

Jenny said...

HI Shanna (and you other gals as well:) So, the book is "Mommy Teach Me" by Barbara Curtis and it has LOTS of great ideas. I just got it back from a friend and am excited to dig into it again. Also, I've been looking into "Before Five In a Row" for some ideas on how to turn our book time into even more learning. It is for 2-4 year olds and I think I'll wait a while to start, but it's never to early to plan:) Love you friend, Jen

Esther said...

She's like Noah! Everything in twos!
Emma does that too. But with snacks. If I give her a cracker, she wants on in each hand. :-)

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

Jenny, miss you as always. I happily celebrate with you this birthday of two years for the twins! Our kids will always be stair-stepped. Cambria turned 3, the twins turn 2 and Zeke turns 1 in a month- fun!
Love ya, E