Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peppermint oil and sunshine...

"It's a happy day, and I thank God for the weather...!" That is the song that kept running through my mind throughout this gloriously sunshiney day. I try to be thankful no matter the weather, but boy does sunshine make it a lot easier:) We were outside for 90% of our day I think, looking at ducks and playing in the back yard, riding down the side walk on their radio flyers:) The day breezed by, and while inside we kept the windows open and the even from there the neighborhood smelled of freshly mown grass. Oh, and all day long the floors and the sinks and the tub started to smell of peppermint. The last batch of cleaning products I made I put in a dash of peppermint oil and boy does it make a clean house smell delightful.
Oh, peppermint oil and sunshine, you made my heart happy today. Jen





8 comments:

Court said...

oh how i love amelia's little ponytails :)

Sarah H said...

We used to sing that song when we were kids! Though we loved the "It's a grumpy day" verse as well. :) Can you believe we've had sunshine in Seattle too??

As soon as we move into our new house (next week!) I am going to try the cleaning recipes you linked to - I'm so excited! I'm going to use peppermint oil too.

Hayden and Kelly said...

Oh how i miss my dear Hunts! do you know how much we wish we were close so we could come and enjoy the sunshine with you??? we miss you terribly! those babes are so beautiful and SO BIG! wow, seems like yesterday you were getting ready to bring Sam home. love you guys. xoxo

Megan Sandoz said...

Hey there! Can you tell me the recipes you use for cleaning? Maybe the link to where you talked about it earlier?
Thanks friend! Megan

Anonymous said...

nothing makes a mommas heart happy like sunshine that reflects of her babes hair. Would you mind sharing your cleaning recipe as well?


Thanks
Cathy in Wimberley :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute pony tails! Can't wait for summer adventures with those two!
Love,
Mammy

Unknown said...

scented oil makes a home. i am sure of it! eucalyptus is also a favorite of mine!
that sprout on Melias hair is killing me.

Esther said...

Funny, I did Emma's hair just like that on Saturday too! Must have been the day for ponies.
We woke up to snow on the ground this morning. So yucky after our beautiful Saturday of shorts and bare feet!