Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday afternoon...

I don't know why, but this little glimpse into the most normal Tuesday afternoon ever at our house just makes me laugh and makes me teary and want to savor it forever. Joelie mowin accompanied by his ever present music and Sam yelling "NOO!" at who knows what and flipping over that ball over and over again, Amelia just breezing through the whole scene wearing some crazy combination of clothes. Oh man. Classic us. Hope you enjoy it too:)

P.S. I just have to say that after watching this video with Sammy several times, he would smile at himself flipping over and such but mostly he just said, "Share, share." I think he was really disturbed at seeing himself not sharing the ball with Melia. He is, afterall, usually the one that makes sure she gets every treat or fun thing that he does. "Sister, sister" he will say as I hand him a cookie or something and run to share the loot. Amelia? Not so much. Anyway, it was so sweet to see his reaction tonight.

6 comments:

the schilps said...

sorry i missed your call, jen. and, sorry i haven't called you back :( oh to sit with you on that back porch and giggle at the three toddlers. that sounds like a perfect afternoon.
love to you guys.
abbe

and joel, well done with the manual mower. you guys are SOOO green.

Court said...

so cute...love how it shows all their uniqueness :)

Unknown said...

I love how Joely MOWS through that scene. Don't you wish sometimes that we had their carefree Papa supervision ? I do. I do! love you 4! esp. your giggles Jen.

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh I LOVE love LOVE that. More! More! More! Sammy was just CRACKING me up how he let the ball just flip him onto the ground and then he just lays there for a sec before he gets up and tries to conquer the ball again. And Amelia has to just see and touch everything before she goes into her special place. I can tell she loves that tent (sideways barn?) cuz her feet are just kicked up wiggling at the end. I love how she comes out and then goes right back in. Just the drama of having her own place. ;) Soooooo cute. And then yes, how Joel just mows around them is great. Perfect actually. The music couldn't've been better for that scene. It even sounded like it was saying, "I'm having (or you're having) a ball!". Grandma would love to see that scene. Who's the artist Joel's listening to?
Shanyn

Anonymous said...

Pure, sweet, fun.
Love,
mammy

Sasa said...

To me, what is just as precious as that whole scene, is YOU, Mama Jenny, giggling with delight over it all. You are a family which brings a smile to my heart!