Friday, September 21, 2007

This day....

It is 9:15pm...it is past my bedtime. I am so, so tired and yet there was much to be done right up to this moment. There is much to do still. As I go to bed tonight, once again wondering "how will I do this tomorrow?!", I am still so thankful that I was here this day. This day that can never be replaced. It seems each day brings something new...amelia rolling over, sammy growing chunky and strong. Today at about 5 I was ready to lay down on the floor and curl up into a ball and go to sleep. I didn't want to go for our afternoon walk. "I don't want to go babes, I don't want to go. I know you're fussy and would love to be out, but mama just can't do it." We went because I couldn't think of anything else to do with the next hour before bath time. And as we walked out the door one of Joelie's classmates drove by and saw us. He has a new babe as well and he stopped and met Sam and Amelia. I was happy to see him...to share the joy and the struggles of having new little ones. Then as we walked on an older lady came out of her house and asked if she could meet the babies. She came and we stood in the shade of the trees and she kneeled down while telling me that she didn't have any grandchildren. She looked as if she has had rough road. Amelia smiled at her and Sammy said hello and she stood up with tears in her eyes. "Angels", she said, and immediatly I'm glad we walked. There is a purpose for everything, even an afternoon stroll. Everyday counts, I tell myself on the way home. This day, even with it's many frustrations and tired moments, counts.

View this montage created at One True Media
So glad I'm here...

4 comments:

Court said...

...and I'm so glad that you are all here too! Thanks for sharing your sweet moments with all of us today!

Anonymous said...

Each morning I check to see what is new with the Hunt Family. My day seems much brighter after reading and looking at the beautiful pictures. Enjoy these days - though somewhat tiresome at times - but the memories you are making are oh so very, very precious.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful perspective...an

Anonymous said...

Those smiles from Sam are amazing! It makes me get a huge grin on my face! Amelia is always looking at her hands! She's a very curious thinker. I love it! They are SO beautiful and SO BIG! Hang in there! If you need a nap, call me, I'll be right over!