Sunday, September 30, 2007

A day with their papa....



The babes had a great day yesterday catching up on some time with joelie. They woke up late and sat around chatting for quite a while, went for a stroller/sling ride around and around the inside of the house as it was bad weather out, and went for their first car ride in the SNOW! That's right, it snowed yesterday and Joel was beside himself with excitement. Me, not so much.

I did have such a great day though, and feel so replenished. I did some very important errands--Taco Bell (sad), REI, and my favorite baby consignment shop--and then realized I'd rather spend my "vacation day" at home where i could shower the babes, and their handsome papa, with kisses anytime I felt the urge.

So, I went home and flew into the bedroom where those three were lounging and did just that. Then I got some house stuff done that I had been wanting to do...ahhh, that was a relief. Then, I grabbed some pizza that Joel had ordered, grabbed the laptop and settled in under our big duvet where I could watch the rain and snow and some very silly television off of the internet (still no TV for our home or I would be watching silly television much too frequently). It was a fabulous day of reading, watching, listening to Joel with the babies, eating junk food and drinking hot chocolate while the bad weather entertained us from our warm place inside. Yet, at the end of all the entertainment and luxurious alone time , I was so glad to fall into bed with Sammy snuggled up to Joel and Amelia cradled against me--her little hand reaching up and finding a resting spot on my cheek. There is just no place I'd rather be. Unless the bed were in Hawaii, on the beach. :)


Here's a video of joel's feeding technique:)
View this montage created at One True Media
Joel feeds the babes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the feeding while resting technique. Joel, you have come a long way since that first babysitting job in Hockley. Remember that one??? The babes look so good. I can't wait to see them in person. Can't wait to see you and Joel, too.
Snowing???? How can that be??

Court said...

Seriously, Joel ~ looks like you've got it all figured out! :) HOpe you enjoyed your day "off" Jen! Amelia & Sam are just beautiful and growing!

As for the snow....I just don't know what to say ~ being that the sweat starts pouring when I leave the house at 6am each morning....

Shanyn Zink said...

Jen!! I LOVE that you caught that on video. Oh my gosh, that made me laugh sooo hard. It looks like Joel just flipped his wrist, & the kids were dressed, in their boppies, and being fed. And they look like mom, this is really different! But we're just glad we're getting to be with our papa and getting fed, Yum! It was so cute to see Amelia wiggle her feet and toes while being fed and see Sam look up at you so directly. And that's sooo good that you got a "day off"!! Love you!
Shan