Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dear Husband,

Thank you for your kind words--you know they just fill my heart. I have to say, though, that I certainly DON'T feel like a super mom! I think I have just finally found my mountain that I like to climb. For the last 8 years I have been so in awe of you when it comes to the outdoors. There have been countless times when we were hiking and I just thought to myself, " Really?! You are still having fun right now?!" And you were. It isn't that it's easy....it is just a challenge that you enjoy, that you relish in. That is motherhood thus far for me. It is a path paved with poop, spit up, cries and ever present mama guilt.....but the rewards are around every bend. Many a night I go to sleep thinking, "I don't think I can do this again tomorrow. I am just too tired....the day will be too long. " Then, miraculously, their little faces and smiles and coos revive my spirit in the morning and on we go.

My prayer is not that I will ever be some kind of super mom...whatever that may look like...but truly that I will be able to do my best each day to love and care for these little ones and then give the rest to the Lord and pray for His grace to take over. To cast my cares upon Him....because it seems that at the end of each day I have plenty ("I don't think I held Amelia enough today, I feel like I can never meet their needs quickly enough with two of them.....and and on and on) . Oh how I pray for His wisdom and grace.

Anyway, sweet man, thanks for all you do as a Papa and as a support to me as a new mama.....what a joy it is to walk this road with you. Oh, and speaking of mountains...your babes have become quite the nature babies. They are always more content when we are outside, which we are for a majority of our days it seems. It terrifies me to think of winter!

Anyway,for you oh loyal readers, here are some pictures of our little nature babes....

At the park with their "triplet" Vera... don't ask me why I didn't button Sam's shirt, I have no idea. Sorry Sam!


Our little Big Guy...his Papa dressed him for the day:)

Enjoying the back yard.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about two beautiful babes and a mom that looks none the worse for wear - sleeplessness, spit up, poop, exahaustion and sacrifice. Jenny, are you exfoliating? Ha!
love,b

Anonymous said...

you are a super mom, but I have to tell you the only super I ever had was a sticker on some paper I wrote in high school..thank goodness for Gods grace..love ya anna

Court said...

Papa's got style!

Little Leah said...

Jenny, you are such an inspiration. Every time I read your blog, I get touched by your faith, your unchanging love for your family, and your honesty. Thank you for sharing yourself with me.