Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chatting with Sam...

He'll melt your heart, that little Sammy, as he looks right into your eyes and talks very intently. Then he smiles and you just want to eat his little cheeks. This is one of our bedtime chats, he is all cozy in his PJs and I can still feel his snuggly little body as I look at these pictures...He is still our little snuggler, our little sling baby, our little lover....



Amelia, on the other hand, isn't that into serious chatting yet. Occasionally she will get this really cute little smile on her face that tells me she wants to chat, but only sometimes can she figure out how to make the sounds come out in a string of quiet coos. Mostly it is just squeals of delight--I'll take that too! She is also much more apt to smile at you if you are a stranger...especially if you are a stranger with a beard like her Papa's. She spends a lot of time these days looking, studying, and thinking about her hands. She is amazed by them. She holds her little fist up in the air and just looks at it. So cute!


And last on my list to tell you today, is that this is what you do when you get sick and tired of putting one babe down while you hold the other babe...sorry about the really funny expression on my face--tee,hee...

It only worked for about an hour until my back started to ache--but it was a great hour where I was able to get things done and have both babies close to my body. Crazy me, I know:)
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I could hear those conversations now - the stories they could tell! Your babies are growing so fast. I am so pleased that you are enjoying parenthood. This really is KUDOS for me! I know that as I do my job I help to make a difference is others lives, but seeing your progress makes it so much easier to go back and do it all again, and again.

Congratulations on all of your successes, and thank you so much for sharing them with me in your beautiful, artistic and lyrical way. I am so happy to have met you, and enjoy your blog quite often. Keep the pictures, videos and stories coming. Alison

the schilps said...

i think you are quite possibly one of the most adventurous mamas i know. i love watching you take all of the unexpected things of motherhood in stride.
and, thanks for the call. i am waiting for the quiet moment to call you back.
love you, dear jen.
abbe

Court said...

Way to work out those back muscles, Jen! Sam & Amelia are just too darn cute :)