Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Together at last....





Last night the babies were together for the first time since birth. Our first time together as a family. What joy,what undescribable joy! To have prayed for so long for a baby and then to be holding TWO--two little souls that God has placed in our care-- two little bodies squirming in my arms...my heart was thankful to say the least.Can you guess which baby is which? Amelia is our "tan" baby on the right and Sam is our "pink" baby on the left:)

Let's see, an update. Amelia is out from under the jaundice lights for now--hopefully for good. Unfortunatly their follow up ECHOS showed that both of their PDA's have grown from small to moderate so they will start medication today. They only take 3 doses of the medication...one dose every 12 hours. They hope that this will effectively close the PDAs. We should know by the end of the week I think. We'll keep you posted.

For those of you keeping up with a praying for baby Gavin, his parents finally got to hold him! They held him for a full 1 1/2 hours and he did great--praise the LORD!! I don't know much other than that but I'll let you know when I find out.

Joel's surgery went great today. They inserted two screws into his hand and put the splint back on. He keeps the splint on for two weeks and then he should be able to start using his hand again!! He is medicated and asleep right now:) Thanks for all of your prayers.

We were happy to share my mom for a few days with those of you in TX, but are so happy to have her back with us! The wedding sounds like it went fabulously and the happy couple sound very happy indeed.

Guess that's all for now. Hope all is well with you and your lives...we love hearing from you and hearing about what is happening in your journey..write anytime! Jen

9 comments:

ashley said...

So glad everything went well with Joel's surgery. Hope he isn't in too much pain and recovers quickly.

What precious pictures!

Court said...

Such sweet sweet pictures of all of you together. I guessed right when I was trying to figure out which one was which :) We're praying that the medication works and heals both Sam & Amelia's PDAs.

Glad to know that Joel did well with his surgery. We'll be praying for a quick recovery.

Wonderful news about Gavin ~ we'll continue to pray for his improvement as well.

Hope you have a good night. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sight! I am so excited to see the family together at last. Picture perfect. Love you anna

Unknown said...

Your first family portrait is just beautiful! Glad Joel's surgery went well and that the babies are progressing daily.

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

JOY- you have it all over your faces Joel and Jenny, and I have joy with you in your family together-ness. God is good. And the twins are nuzzling each other....:)
Love to you all, Elizabeth

Sarah said...

Jenny,
Mary just showed me your blog. I had no idea you had twins, let alone very early twins. I'm so pleased they are doing well now, and in your care! Halleluja :) Ya'll are such a beautiful family. If you get a spare minute (hah) you might enjoy my latest post. Ironically, it's about twins and will give you a glipse of what to expect in the future. You know I'm partial to boy/girl twins! I especially love the photo with A's arm around S. So cute.

Anonymous said...

I continue to follow the outstanding progress of your "mighty littles." It brings me much joy! When my kids hear me squeal, "Awwwwwww... baaaa-beeeeez!" They automatically say, "Are you looking at Sam and Amelia again?!" You are the precious picture of motherhood and to read Joel's words reveals the heart of a real daddy. How fortunate are your children!

My prayers for you all are unceasing and it's so good to hear that Gavin's mom was finally able to hold her wee one.

Please give your mom a big kiss and a hug for me and let her know that I am with y'all daily... connected in prayers through Him and on this plane through the wonders of technology. ;-)

Love to you all!
marilee

Anonymous said...

What a sweeeeeeet early Mother's Day gift! Absolutely precious!! Boo Hoo - tears of joy!

Praying for you all,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

That looks like one proud daddy! - Bub