Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy day...(Updated)

Amelia is totally off of oxygen! No tape on her sweet face, no little nasal cannula blowing air in her...she is breathing on her own now. That was my big surprise when mom and I went to visit today! Can't wait for you to see her little face.

They are both doing much better after completing the medication for their PDA's. Last we heard the PDA's had gone from moderate to very small and we are hoping that they are closed now. Sam is also breathing much better and their nurse thinks he will catch up to Amelia in a few days if things keep going well.

They are starting them back up on their feedings and I'll be doing non nutritive breastfeeding with them both starting tomorrow.

Will have some pics for you soon (hopefully by tomorrow evening), but wanted to give you a quick update. I know things can always change, but for now we are so excited for our baby girl...she is growing up:) Jen

(Update!)I forgot to mention that their vision and brain scans both came back normal--praise the Lord!!

5 comments:

Court said...

What a great report! Praise the Lord for all the good news. We will continue to pray. Happy Mother's Day, Jenny! I hope you enjoy your 1st momma's day with Amelia & Sam.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update jenny and happy mother's day.. love ya anna

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Mother's day







Vicky

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

I'm getting on here to send love to you and say as I see a few others have already done...Happy Mother's Day~ It's grand to be able to say that to you Jenny as you and I were non-mommies together for those years now past.:)

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, Mothers Day Jenny!
We love you, b