Monday, May 21, 2007

Time out....






...outdoors that is. Joel has really been missing his bike rides. They give him his outdoor fix each day, give him energy, etc. and he craves that. So this weekend he went for a hike and then took me on a little walk to a beautiful waterfall. It's amazing how quickly you can be out of the city and into the canyons and trails...we love that. It was so much fun being together in nature,it's food for my soul really.

Of course these little ones can make my heart glad pretty quickly as well:)

Tonight we went up to see the babes and found Sam in a "big boy bed" ! So now they are both out of the incubators and in open cribs. I feel like it may be a little early for him, but hopefully he can stay warm and prove his mama wrong! They are also both able to breastfeed twice a day now which is great. It is a long road until they are ready to get all of their milk through their mouth...they still forget to breath quite often while they are feeding and that is nooooo fun for anybody involved. The nurses assure me that it is all part of the process in preemies learning to suck/swallow/breath, but boy is it scary.

Overall, though, the NICU is a much less daunting place to be than it once was. When I walk around now I see faces of other mommas that I have gotten to know and feel such a connection with. We visit each others pods, we rejoice with each other over each small victory and our eyes well with tears for each other on the hard days. It is a blessing without measure.

Guess that's all for now. Thanks for checking in and I hope all is well with you, Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Joel and Jenny what a beautiful place to live, I thought parts of Michigan were pretty but nothing compared to Utah!! The babies are so gorgeous all of us family here in Michigan are so glad they are doing so well, love reading about how you all are doing. Carrie

Court said...

So glad that you guys got to get away for a little bit and just be together. I'm sure it's been hard to do that lately.

Love the new pics of Amelia & Sam! Such cutie pies! It's just been so neat to hear how well they are doing.

We continue to pray for all of you each day and hope that you can bring Amelia & Sam home really soon!

Anonymous said...

Jenny your babies are getting so big. And I just want to say that you look great. You really do. Thanks for the update and new pictures. I am glad that yall got sometime to go look at another type of natural beauty. love ya anna

Dawn said...

It was good to see you and Joel enjoying some time in the beautiful outdoors there!!
I loved seeing the babies, too - so precious! Seeing Sam with his "binky" reminds me how small they are - Jonathan has a binky just like that.
Hugs & Kisses,
Puddin'

Shanna said...

I'm so jealous that you have such beautiful scenery so close! That's great that the babies are in "big" beds now! Love you! Shanna

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Joel, How smart you are to take care of your marriage and each other in the midst of all that is going on. The babies are beautiful of course and you and Joel look great as well. Hope your time out was refreshing and energizing. love you all, b