Saturday, May 05, 2007

All is well....

A little update for you between dinner and hospital:)

Things have started getting busier as Amelia has started non-nutritive breastfeeding!! What a joy that has been. The first night as I headed home from "feeding" her I just cried tears of thankfulness for this little step forward. She has latched on great each time and is sucking like a champ between her little naps. It seems like a long road ahead as she has gotten a little milk each time and when she does she chokes a bit and her stats go down, etc. That isn't fun and I know it'll happen a lot more once we start the real deal (which could be a in a few days). Please pray for both of their breastfeeding journeys. I definitely have the milk to give them whenever they are ready! One of the nurses deemed me the "Dairy Queen", which I have to say is a bit nicer than "Jersey Cow" which I have heard quite often from a certain someone (ahem, Joel). Really, though, I am just so thankful for this chance to feed my babies and I am realizing what a gift it is as soooo many of the mommas in the NICU have problems with milk supply, etc. Oh, Amelia now weighs 3 lbs 8 oz. and Sam is 3 lbs 4 oz !!!

Joel is doing okay with his hand. He still isn't in a lot of pain and is being a trooper about everything.He is amazing really. Things might get a little harder after his surgery on Tuesday as far as more pain, etc. My poor Joelie.....

Last, but sooo not least, my big brother is getting married today!! My sweet bub. I can't tell you what joy I feel to know that he is so loved by his bride. I love you guys and can't wait to see pictures and video and hear about your wonderful day!!! We told the babies all about their "Uncle Bub" getting married:)

Guess that's all for now. Hope to get some new pictures soon...Jen

4 comments:

Court said...

How wonderful to hear that Amelia has started the breastfeeding process and that she has really taken to it. I know that must have been such a wonderful experience! We'll be praying that she'll continue to do well and that Sam will follow shortly!

Great news on their weight gain!! Whoo hoo!

We'll be praying for Joel on Tuesday. Much love to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update jenny! Love ya.. anna

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Joel,

Sorry it's taken me so long to post! I've spent the last couple of weeks in Switzerland with Jasie at L'abri (how fun-there are a few pictures on her blog spot: jckakes.bolgspot.com and also a lot of interesting things to comment on if you ever have time or inclination!). For some reason, I could never get your blog spot to come up on their computer on there-just "olia and jennny". Don't ask me-I don't know anything about how this cyberspace stuff works.

Oh, well. It sure didn't stop me from praying for you guys. I was thrilled to get back and hear how well things are going. The babies are beautiful and what a hard but precious time of your life. You'll be bonded to each other and God in ways other people will never even understand. I'm so glad Joyce has been able to share that with all of you.( I can't even imagine how hard it's been for Jim and Shari to be so far away.)

I'll be praying for the surgery on Tues. and for the babie's appetite and ability to nurse and for strength and energy and patience and God's provision in every single area of your lives. This is not meant to be just a meaningless gesture-PLEASE let us know if there is any way we can be of help. I'd love to be a little part of your story.
Thanks for being so diligent about keeping us posted-and what a beautiful way for you guys to remember all the details and emotions of your babies' new lives.

Love you much!
Janie

Anonymous said...

Judy and I had a great time this weekend at the wedding and got a firsthand report from grandma. Joel and Robin were spectacular. He told me of this blog. Love and prayers from the Montgomerys