Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preschool: Day one.



Sam, Amelia, and Mama all had a wonderful first day of preschool! :) They are going to a new, little Creative Arts preschool that I think will be a great fit for all of us. It stresses learning through play and movement and sensory activities, as well as, of course, building confidence and strength and creativity through the Arts. So, they will go two mornings a week and I will be the classroom helper once every other week--so I get some time all by myself on the other days. Today I spent it walking at the park with Anne, Skypeing at the park with Shanyn and Isaac, and going to the library. Sam and Amelia both seemed to have a great time, came home and ate a big lunch and then down for a nap without a peep. Works for me!
Jen

Here are some pics from meet the teacher day last week:

Disclaimer: This post may seem as if preschool was just an easy and quick decision for us and just fell into our laps. Hahahahahahahaha. I am SO bad at making even the smallest decision and so deciding on putting them in preschool and which preschool to put them in was ridiculously difficult for me. For one thing, I had always imagined that we would most likely home school all the way through, and so even though it is only 6 hours a week, I somehow felt like a home school failure. Like, "hello, if you can't even manage pre-school on your own, how can you handle K-12?" Then some great people in my life set me straight:) Like my mom. "Um Jenny, you guys went to pre-school and then home schooled for 9 years. It's a break. They will love it. You will love it. Take it while you can." So, I'd just like to say thank you to all of you friends and family who were a sounding board this summer while I went on and on and on and on and on about pre-school choices. Also, a big thank you to their sweet teacher, "Miss Ewin" who worked with us so much to make it possible for us to take such a great opportunity. We all feel great about our *final* decision:)



5 comments:

Sarah H said...

That looks like such a cool place! I'm not even planning to homeschool Stella (at this point), and I still agonized over the preschool decision last year. ;)

Your mama is smart. We love preschool around here. :)

Anonymous said...

Sister, i long to live by you, and make decisions together- when it worked ;) All of those activities look like so much fun!! - Tara

Court said...

So glad that they had a great first day. The preschool looks amazing! I bet that they will just love it and flourish in ways you couldn't even imagine. It will be so good for them to have some alone time and to experience new things together and with other friends. Plus, it's always good for Momma to have some time by herself. I'm more than certain that you will look back on this decision to have them in preschool without regret :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like too much fun!
I love you!
Mammy

erin said...

This is an awesome preschool! They look like they had such fun. You know I had the worst struggle too, but it has turned out so perfectly. Glad you get a tiny bit of down time. Life with toddlers can be wonderfully full with many life lessons to teach & re-teach, so its nice to have a little break knowing they are having fun. Isn't it wonderful to have such wise mom's to talk about this kind of stuff with?!