Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mornings out.

I love our summer routine that we get into of spending our mornings out and our afternoons in. It is so easy to get out the door in the summer months verses the "layers of clothing, do we have gloves, hats, boots, etc." months that I think internally I just know we have to take advantage of it! Shorts, shirt, flip flops, water and a snack, out the door! We don't even have to worry about diapers now, though we do have to think about having a bathroom handy.

Anyway, out we have gone these past few weeks. It makes the day fly by and provides for lots of adventures. It is also one thing I look forward to while home schooling, going to places in the week day mornings that are crowded on the weekends! I may miss it a bit during the transition this fall when the babes are in pre-school two mornings a week, but I know they will be enjoying their adventures there and I will be enjoying mine! :)

The Children's museum is a 3 minute drive from our house now-yay! We have been going there forever it seems and it is so fun to see the new things they can do each time we go. It is SO easy and fun now compared to when they were younger. No strollers or slings, no tantrums from Sam, no falling off of things, no having to bribe them with a snack to leave peacefully...have I mentioned that I love 3 year olds? Anyway, the museum is such fun and has so many ways for them to explore and learn and just have fun! Sam is so into everything, and Amelia is so into all of the new friends she finds there:)


The aquarium. I think Sammy would live there if we could. We have got to get these children to the ocean! They know so much more about ocean creatures than I do! Before we go, I try to brush up on things by reading our books about the ocean and it's creatures together and I am always so amazed at the things we learn! Oh Sammy, I just love watching you watch the sharks and eels and octopus, etc. Amelia is mostly on the hunt for new friends:)



Of course, we always love a trip to the farm (although this one ended with poopy underwear which was not fun)...

and to our beloved Liberty Park, which is where we went on this cloudy morning and had a fabulous time with Anne and Vera...





Now it is rainy and cool and perfect weather for an afternoon snooze. I'll write soon about what we've been doing during our afternoons at home:) All for now, Jen

5 comments:

capturing said...

Beautiful pictures Jenny :)

ann.e said...

we should be so grateful for this city we live in!!

erin said...

What fun memories.
I love liberty park, it looks like such fun!!

Anonymous said...

can i be one of your kids?!?!?!?!
anna

Anonymous said...

What GREAT pics of all these precious ones! I see Vera in her PINK :)...don't you love the intense look of interest in whatever Sam does! and Amelia's, "what's next?",intrigued expressions!
Can hardly wait to join in all the park, museum,play-fun with these two love-of-our-lives! gma