Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cutest little tomato picker I've ever seen.




One of the things I will miss about the summer is tomato picking with Sammy. It usually starts with us being outside and him saying, "I need my bakset!" and running inside to get it. Then he sets to work and is oh, so serious about it. Oh that little boy, he just grabs my heart. This evening as he was picking so earnestly he kept saying the cutest things like,

" I like my daddy's tomatoes!"
" I'm a good picker."
" Look at that little guy!"
" Look at all these tomatoes in my bakset!"
"I'm reaching mama, I'm reaching so hard for this tomato."
" This guy isn't red yet."
As a moth flew off of a plant in front of him he said, "Look at that. Isn't that lovely?" Oh Sam. Sammy, Sam, Sam. Can you stay a little ragamuffin three year old with chocolate pudding all over your mouth proclaiming the loveliness of a moth? Can you please, because it just makes my heart burst.

Soaking up these last days of summer,
Jen

6 comments:

ann.e said...

very cute :)

Anonymous said...

He is a diligent worker bee! Those tomatoes look so good!
Give Sam my love!
Mammy

capturing said...

Oh just melted my heart to read his sweet sayings. Precious kiddos, Jenny.

B's Dad and Mom said...

Jenny, these are the cutest and sweetest little children!!! I love reading about your life and seeing pictures of all of you! SANDY WALLACE

B's Dad and Mom said...

Jenny, these are the cutest and sweetest little children!!! I love reading about your life and seeing pictures of all of you! SANDY WALLACE

erin said...

what sweetness!