Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A blessing...

I woke up this morning with my eyes crusted over from gross allergy stuff. I couldn't get them open for like 3 minutes and it was a bit unsettling. Then my menstrual cramps set in and it was just not easy to be functional. I had to force myself to get out of bed and into the sunshine to break out of my funk, and this wasn't until I had begged the babes to watch Thomas and Blue Planet for like an hour and a half--yuck. Anyway, just keepin it real folks( I think this is another disclaimer before the sweet stuff comes. And yes, I just figured out how to use small fonts and I really like it:) .

Instead of elaborating on eye funk and menstrual cramps though, I wanted to share this sweet new ritual we started last night. In the car we listen to a waldorfy CD called "The Singing Day". We LOVE it. It has like 98 short songs that go along to the rhythm of a day....morning songs, cleaning songs, sleeping songs, blessings for food, birthday songs, etc. It's a great one. The songs are all super short and we have memorized a bunch of them. Usually I just wait for them to say, "Let's hear it again!" when we come across one they like and then we listen to it about 10 times in a row until we know it. Anyway, this dinner blessing was one of them. Their little voices always sound so sweet when they sing it and I knew we must put it into action at the dinner table. So, though Joel wasn't home and the house was a bit chaotic (yard sale/adoption fundraiser is taking over our life this week:), I just did it. It was so great and they loved the candles and they each got to blow one out once they finished their meal.

I really want to make dinner a special time, even on evenings when Joel can't be there and I think this little ritual may just help me.

All for now, Jen

2 comments:

Court said...

oh how sweet is that?! love it!

Anonymous said...

What sweet voices! Oh my gosh those precious faces!
Love always,
Mammy