Monday, October 05, 2009

We moved.

Whew. We are in our new house! The move went really well, though there were definitely some lows--think overly tired Sam freeeaking out over the CD player being in the wrong spot during the move--trying to pull it out of socket and throw it across room. Mama goes outside to get reinforcements and Sam runs after her tripping over his pajama pants and flipping down the concrete steps. He is fine but mama literally cries for an hour and a half. Wowsers. Anyway, the majority of the move was pretty drama free ONLY because we had so much help from Joelie's mama, from sweet Dali, from Joelie's friends that helped move the boxes. I am so,so,so,so thankful for all of the help because I seriously had no idea how impossible packing/cleaning/unpacking would be with two 2.5 year olds to entertain, feed, clothe, etc. I am so ready to be settled so that I can get out of the "oh, there are those children again! Don't they know there is so much to be done?!" Seriously, I think has been my least favorite part of the whole move. I am so ready to plop down on the floor and read some books, go to the park, explore our new neighborhood. Soon, soon. Tonight we are getting ready for Shanny and baby Isaac who are coming tomorrow, then Tim and then Jim. I LOVE having family here. Love it, love it, love it. I do look forward to getting back to "normal" and start the business of finding our new rythem, but for now I am just going to try and enjoy time with family, time getting settled, time transitioning from summer to COLD (ahem).

Hope you all are well! Jen

At least there was a little fun to be had during the move:) Sam was in "big truck" heaven.

No time for play children. Pick up a dish rag and start washing!

Lots of tired stares going on as we all figure out how to transition to Sam being out of his crib (Amelia taught him how to climb out), the move, family visiting, etc.

First successful nap in their new room.

I look veeery forward to resting here tonight and for many nights to come:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenny, I know you are so ready to rest. The babes are going to love their new home after some much needed rest. You had some wonderful helpers!
I love you and look forward to catching up more.
Love,
Mammy

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations on a successful move!! I know your pain... your exhaustion. Hope you get settled soon and feel "home" in no time.

Court said...

So glad that you guys got moved in. I enjoyed Joel's status updates on FB. I'm sure you'll get into your routine soon. Praying that Sammers continues to do well with his transitioning into a big boy bed.

Megan Sandoz said...

I can't believe how loooong Sam looks in that napping picture! They are getting so big! Congrats on being in your new home!! Enjoy family visiting! Love, Megan

the schilps said...

wooohoooo, jenny! so glad to know you made it! love you.
abbe

Joel said...

Looks awesome guys!! Cant wait to come visit the new place.