Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Catchin' Cookies"


I went into the kitchen the other day and saw her reaching up into the snack box with a stick. I smiled and knew exactly what she was doing--fishing for treats! She looked back and saw me and said, "Catchin' cookies mama". Adorable with a capital A.

In other news, my mom-in-love is here and we are sooooo enjoying her being here! She is such a fun companion to have during our days and also a complete and utter lifesaver when it comes to this move. Did I mention that we are moving on WEDNESDAY? Yes, we are.


Also, these two wonderful people were here for a visit last week. We had such a relaxed, fun time together. Every night that they were here I went to sleep feeling so happy and full hearted after our day together. We miss you already Bub and Birdie!



I couldn't help putting that last one in:) It's Bub and I when we were little. Does it remind you of another little pair you know?

Lastly, Sam has started bossing Amelia around and we think it is sooo funny. "Mena come here!" "Mena, get in the tunnel!" Mena, just drink it!" After all of the bossing around that she has done in their 2 and a half years of life, it is about time that he turns the tables a bit:) Here's the little boss himself:


All for now! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I'm ready to go enjoy it! Oh, and pack. I guess I should pack some more! Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, "catching cookies". Was Sam sitting close by waiting to share the catch?
That picture of you and Bub is so precious. You both loved being outside and loved each other. It does sound like another little pair.
Love,
Mammy

capturing said...

Such cute little kids you have Jenny! I hope one day I am able to meet them :) Your stories about them bring me so much joy! And I love that picture of you and Joel..way back when...it makes my heart swell...thinking of sibling relationships.

ann.e said...

I love the picture of little Jenny and her brother!!!!