Friday, October 23, 2009

Saying goodbye.

My heart is hurting right now. We said goodbye to Dali and her sweet family today. I can't tell you how much we grew to love her over the past few months. Sam and Amelia connected with her deeply, and I really mean that. They would just melt into her and even when they couldn't be comforted by anyone else, Dali seemed to often quiet their spirits. Knowing that they will, Lord willing, have a brother from Ethiopia made the relationship even sweeter to me. She and her mom and her four kids will get on a bus Sunday and ride for two days to meet her husband in South Dakota where he got a job at a meat factory. It's hard to see them set off with basically nothing, into another unknown place while we live here in our nice, neat bubble of a world. Oh, I have a lot of thoughts and feelings swirling around. For now, I'll just share some pictures of our time with Dali, her cousin, and her two youngest at Wheeler Farm today.








I know Amelia will ask multiple times tomorrow, as she does every day, "Where's my Dali?" Boooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo. All for now, Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad not to have met her. I am so thankful for the love she gave to you and I know she is so thankful for the love from you.
Love,
Mammy

ann.e said...

Even with the language barrier, you could easily tell she is just such a sweet, lovely person - I'm sorry you all had to say goodbye :(

the schilps said...

so glad you posted pictures of your dali, jenny (and amelia's dali too). what excellent times for your kiddos to grow up with.
love you.

ps. is amelia wearing a lion suit?! :)