Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The first big snow...


Yesterday it snowed and snowed all morning long. It really was beautiful, and despite my ever-present dread of a long winter, we had a great first winter weather day. One thing that I think is going to make our days much, much easier is getting the babes snowsuits/coats/hats/gloves on. It was a breeze yesterday compared to last season! Amelia actually said, "Thank you mama" as I put on her coat. I almost fainted. I guess they can reason a bit more and know how cold it is without their gear on--thank you Lord and please let this continue!

Once we were outside Amelia was immediately trying to make snowmen, tracks in the snow, and snow angels.... everything the character in our book "Peter's snowy day" did:) She didn't whine or complain about the cold once. I think she is going to be a girl after her daddy's own heart. Sam was a trooper too, but did mind that his mittens kept falling off and that his face was cold. I know buddy, I know.

I am determined to take our morning and afternoon walks though, no matter the weather!! So, watch out winter--we will not be intimidated by you and your blustery ways!

All for now, Jen

4 comments:

Court said...

...and here we are back in shorts today with 80 degrees plus humidity! ugh! I'm enjoying living vicariously through you! Enjoy the winter wonderland!

Jocelyn said...

oh my goodness... how much fun. i know that it probably creates a whole lot more work just to go anywhere, but for us southern folk here it looks like so much fun. snow... and i'm thinking how to keep my kiddos cool in their halloween costumes tomorrow for a preschool parade! enjoy... snow... ahhhh...

Jana said...

Jenny, your mom posted this photo on facebook...I said "I would buy this box of Christmas cards" It's an adorable picture!

Shanyn Zink said...

You go, Jen!! Just attack it. That's it - watch out snow! And somehow just somehow maybe you can still turn your basement into an outdoor "wonderland".