Sunday, October 25, 2009

Garden after dark...

I really am a girl after my mama's own heart. Halloween just is not a favorite holiday of mine. Ewwww. It all just gets so gory and gross. So, I wasn't sure about taking the babes to a Halloween celebration at Red Butte Garden, but the flyer said old fashioned and kid friendly and so we gave it a try. For the most part, it was sweet and fun though next year we will have to shield some eyes if we go again. Or maybe I'll have our own Harvest Party in the back yard with neighborhood kids. Whatever happened to bobbing for apples and making scarecrows? I did get a little teary at one point, holding hands with our little lion and seeing our little puppy holding hands with Joel. We have children! We get to make fun memories with them! I am so thankful.
I couldn't figure out how to work my camera w/ all of the lights, but here are a few shots that worked okay.





All for now. More Autumn recipes coming soon! Jen

5 comments:

Joel said...

remember when "someone" dressed up like Rush Limbaugh for halloween? :)

Jenny said...

Oh, yes, I do seem to remember that "someone" once dressed up like Rush, with a "Rush for President" pin on his/her shirt and suspenders and carrying around a book Rush had written. I think he/she may have actually won one of the costume prizes that year. Tee, hee. Remember when I was a Sprite Bottle? I don't think I won any prizes:) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I remember you cute little dresser uppers.
I love the babe's costumes!

capturing said...

Sam and Amelia look so cute and happy! I am looking forward to those recipes!

Joel said...

I remember recently reminding that "someone" about the Rush Limbaugh incident and he made me promise not to tell anyone because he had an image to uphold. He's precious.