Sunday, June 28, 2009

Able hands...

I could title the times that Jim and Shari stay with us, "Able Hands". It is what they have. Jim can fix just about anything that needs fixing, and he does. He goes beyond that though, and he creates. This time he created the most wonderful barn for Sam and Amelia's beloved animals. I had been drooling over some barns online for the longest time and Jim looked at them one time with me and said that he could combine them to make the one I, I mean the babes:), really wanted. So, he did. Isn't it lovely? Years of imaginative play to come, and what better gift is there than that? He also finished assembling a rocking boat/ walking bridge that Joelie had started. It is so much fun to see the babes practice their balancing skills! Again, years of play ahead!




Meanwhile, Shari uses her able hands inside the home. She cooks and she washes and she folds and she gets things cleaner than I ever will (of course, she does use clorox--hee, hee I couldn't resist Shar:).
They both inspire me each time we are with them to use my hands to serve others. It's a beautiful gift and we are so thankful for it. Jen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow! Sooo cool!

ann.e said...

the barn is AMAZing!! such beautiful, quality things - and how special that they'll have them forever and probably for their own kids, knowing their Grandpa made them :)

Court said...

i absolutely love jim's creations. we love our booster seat/stool/play horse(yes, didn't you know?!?) that he made for maggie.

Anonymous said...

That Jim Hunt is so talented!
mammy

Unknown said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Unknown said...

Next up ( :) ) DOLL HOUSE!!!! ( oh tara, really..)

Unknown said...

i still cannot get over this.