Thursday, June 18, 2009

The three amigos...

Sam, Amelia, and Vera. They have been friends since their very beginning. Before, really, as Anne and I would walk together in the park with our pregnant bellies. So many of my memories of the babes first months have Anne and Vera in them, and that's so nice--to share those first months and now years of motherhood with a good, true friend. Oh, sniff sniff--I don't know why I am getting so sentimental! Anyway, they saw each other at their first Art in the Park class today and their reunion was so adorable--hugs and squeals all around and Shari said Vera even gave Sammy a big smack on the lips:) They had fun creating catepillers--well, Vera did, Sam and Amelia were a little grumpy. Then, there was much puddle splashing, running around and playing in the fountain, and then plane and car rides. Such a wonderful summer morning and so fun to share it with Jim and Shari too. Yay for the comfort of friends and family!







Then it was home for naps and then a long, long walk with grandma with pauses to collect treasures and throw rocks into puddles. Then out to the garage to watch grandpa work on some WONDERFUL creations (just wait till you see them--this mama is so excited for some toys coming our way!) and then off to bed.


All of the grown ups (minus Evan--thanks for staying with the babes again friend!) went and had a wonderful dinner out to celebrate Jim and Shari's anniversary and Shari's birthday.

Fun times for all,
Jen

P.S. Funny happenings that I don't want to forget:

1. At music class we were playing ring around the rosey. Sam kept leaning away from me and looking across the circle towards a little girl who has been in the class with us for 8 weeks now. I said, "Sam do you want to hold Julia's hand?" He walked right over, grabbed this little girl's hand and gave her the dreamiest look before we started the next round. All the mamas in the circle just cracked up!

2. Jim and I were driving the babes to the museum and we were laughing about something. About thirty seconds after we stopped laughing Amelia busted out from the back seat with, "What's so funny?" Another first.

3. We are loving hearing Melia say, "Bless you" after people's sneeze. Tonight in their nursery I sneezed and she said, "Bless you , mama" and I almost ate her up it was so adorable.

4. Today I was telling Amelia to stop pushing off of the picnic table with her legs b/c I didn't want her to fall backwards. After a few times of not obeying she looked at me and said, "Sorry teacher." ?!?!?!?!

More to come, I'm sure!

2 comments:

ann.e said...

awww you said it better than me :) I have LOVED getting to see our little amigos grow up together! helps too that their momma is a best friend of mine :)

cute pictures.. what a fun morning!

Court said...

what wonderful memories :) thanks for sharing!