Saturday, June 06, 2009

Garage Sale gold mine...

So, this morning I headed out to the Avenues to go to a few garage sales. I was looking for Sammy some summer clothes and and a few other things. Anyway, I stopped at the first one I saw and soon my eyes beheld a lady unpacking cloth diapers onto a table. I zoomed over as quickly as I could with out knocking any other shoppers over and asked how much she was asking. I was trying to stay calm and level headed. You don't often find a table full of cloth diapers at a garage sale!! She was selling some used All in Ones for a dollar a peice (!) so I bought five and loitered for a really long time deciding whether to buy more. I called my cloth diapering pal Anne and she met me there and I bought five more and went home. JOel was like, "Jenny, go get some more. Even if they don't fit the babes now you can sell them or let others use them or just save them for the next babe. You chronically under buy and then regret it." So, back up to the Avenues I went. I was so nervous that they would all be gone that I called my friend Jennifer to talk to me on the way. I got there and saw that all of the ladies were packing up. There were no diapers left on the table. Upon calmly asking if there were any left she said that they were packed in boxes on the ground and that I could go look at them. She was flustered, in a hurry, ready to go. I quickly inventoried the boxes, asked Jennifer if I should offer the measly $40 I had for all of the diapers remaining and she said to give it a try. So I did. And it worked.

Here, my friends, is my cloth diaper jack pot: $50 total for all of this wonderfulness. The Kissaluvs alone are worth more than that. Hurray!!!!


All for now,
Jen

8 comments:

ann.e said...

No way! That's awesome!! I'll buy a kissaluv from you :)

Sarah H said...

Nice!! What a deal!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!
Love,
Mom

the schilps said...

quite the bargain, jenny. well done!

Jana said...

I totally know the feeling of spotting a treasure at a garage sale and strolling nonchalantly over to it (when honestly you want to jump over the tables and push people out of the way, screaming)
I am so glad you found some treasures! Way to go!

Jocelyn said...

WOW- a gold mine in dead! That is incredible! Congrats on the find! Oh, the wonder of garage sales... where one person's need to get things out of their home becomes another's treasure hunt and feeling that they've struck gold! :)

Esther said...

INCREDIBLE find! Really, you should total up the retail of all of those and compare it to the total you paid. You'll be amazed! Kissaluvs are so awesome!

anna jo said...

hey, I'm a friend of chris + jill hyer's and they told me all about how you CD {'cause I'm going to do cloth on my little guy once he arrives and was talking to them about it}... and I stop by to read your blog and find that you totally scored on a bunch from a garage sale. totally awesome! anyway, congrats on the find {seriously, how much would all that be retail? way more than fifty bucks, I'm sure!} :)