Saturday, June 27, 2009

These are the days...

No really, they are. No matter how frustrating or flighty (ahem, Amelia) or OCD ( little Sam), or whiney they can be-- they are just so adorable and funny and curious and unique and affectionate. Oh, little ones, how we love you!
June was such a mellow, rainy month. Adventures to the park, gardens, or back yard in the mornings, naps while it rained, snuggles and a show while we waited for the rain to stop and then outside to splash in puddles as we walked our daily walk around the neighborhood.
This is how they sit during most bath times...so adorable!
Amelia will go to great lengths to watch buggies! I walked outside and found her wedged in this pile of sticks. She looked up at me and said, "Ants!"
Sammy at the Red Butte Children's Garden...love that place.
Amelia and Vera after "Art in the Park" class. Whew, art in the park with two two year olds by yourself is not something I'd try to tackle again! Thankfully, my mama will be here for the rest of the classes--yay! Honestly, I just love the part where the babes get to make a big mess with glue and such and it's not in our house:)
More exploration at the gardens, what a handsome little guy:) ...


Anyway, we are loving summer and we are loving having two year olds. I mean, it's exhausting but there is just something so wonderful about this age. I guess it's seeing them grow into children and leave their babyness behind. It's such a gift to be able to watch and experience that first hand, that the (mostly emotional) exhaustion is well worth it at the end of the day. Hope you are all well and are enjoying your days,
Jen

6 comments:

Sarah H said...

Isn't it great how they just get more and more fun as they grow??

The Children's Garden looks awesome! I've never been there before.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Jen, and i agree! Watching those limbs stretch out, leaving behind all hints baby... Little Echo's speech is growing so fast, and now can say* Jenny- Joe- Sa- and Mee-LA.
Can't wait for you to hear!!! Love you guys!

Jenny said...

Sarah, you would LOVE the children's garden. When you come back to SLC for a visit we'll go!

Tara Shay, can't wait to hear Echo D talkin! Oh I miss that little jolly one:) Amelia is always picking up my phone and saying, "Hi Auntie. How doin? jabber,jabber, echo, jabber, bye bye auntie." :) :) :)
We need to Skype again soon.

Love you girls, Jen

Jocelyn said...

I just LOVE the looks of that garden and wish there was something so wonderful here... I am just in awe whenever you have pictures of you guys there. And I love how much Amelia loves bugs! And Sam's hair... so whimsical and feathery- it's beautiful! Glad you guys are getting out and about in the warming weather.

Anonymous said...

How many times can a person say how beautiful they are! I was at a party this weekend and even at church I kept taking pics of all the little beauties around. God is really good at this! I love reading what you guys are up to, so idyllic!

Anonymous said...

I'm coming!!!!
luv,
mammy