Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hearts overflowing...






I think I can speak for Joel and I both when I say that our hearts are overflowing after our weekend in the mountains together. It was such a rich, full, restful time. We talked, and talked, and talked, and talked (and, believe it or not,not much of the talking was about our precious little ones!) and read and read and snuggled under flannel sheets in the crisp mountain air. We took long drives and discussed our books and dreamed and planned and laughed. Oh man. Good times. I am so thankful for it all. For the friend that offered for us to use their cabin, for grandparents who nurtured and loved our babes, for uninteruppted time with Joel to give us clarity on so many things and just time to rest. Thankful, thankful, thankful.

Oh, and happy happy fathers day to my sweet man and my sweet dad!!!!

Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Joel Hunt. You are one wonderful Son in Law as well as Dad. I love you and can't wait to see you. So happy you had a great time away!
Love,
Big Joyce

Megan Sandoz said...

Jenny that looks so incredible. I am so happy for you guys! My heart is full for you :)

Jocelyn said...

How wonderful for you two to have that time together. I love reading about your marriage and how you both just love each other so much... you LIKE each other so much, you want to just BE together. It warms me heart to the core. Anyways- so glad you had a wonderful weekend away together... it looks like it was just beautiful.

Unknown said...

i can't even imagine! What a reward, long time coming !!!!!!!

Sarah H said...

That looks wonderful!! It's amazing what a luxury it can be to just talk with each other, completely uninterrupted and unhurried. I'm so glad you guys got that special time. And what a beautiful setting!

Shanyn Zink said...

HAAALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH!