Wednesday, June 17, 2009





Grandparents are here, grandparents are here! It has been so much fun having Jim and Shari here. There have been late night giggles, trips to the park and the Children's Museum and music class, many walks around the block, book reading, craft making, card playing, friend visiting. It is such a treat to have company during our days and the babes are just so happy to be surrounded by their beloved ganma and ganpa. Amelia loves it so much that she climbed out of her bed, walked downstairs and climbed in bed with them at 4:45 this morning!!! Door knob locks are now firmly in place....oh my.

Joel and I are heading to a cabin in the mountains on Friday to spend a night or two. Alone. I am so excited/anxious. It will be our first night away from the babes since they came home from the NICU so I'm feeling both happy and sad!

Anyway, better run for now. Hope you are all doing well, Jen

4 comments:

Court said...

oh I'm so happy to hear that you guys are getting some time away....yay for grandparents :) Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Anonymous said...

Big yippie for grandparents that bring about date nights. Have fun! I know I am thankful for my parents. Michael and I just went to see a movie and eat out monday night while my babies enjoyed eating pizza and swimming and then watching old yellar and eating popcorn..fun, fun, fun for all....
anna

ann.e said...

Seeing your baby with their grandparents is one of the most precious things - sounds like you're having so much fun!

Amelia is so funny and cute - I wish I could have read her early-morning thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

Give that sweet Shari and Jim a big hug for me!
Mammy