Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tonight I was driving home from a quick errand and I was driving down our street I thought, "Where is everybody?" All of the houses looked so still and there was no one on the sidewalks. Come to think of it, I haven't seen my neighbors in weeks. "Everyone is inside," I thought. "Going crazy with their restless children and their own sense of boredom and need for sunshine." I sighed as I parked the car in the driveway and headed in to the rest of my stir crazy family. I walked in the door and this is what I found.

A peaceful little family.
I like when things such as this make me put my foot in my mouth:) Seriously, though, it has been getting a bit rough. The days were a little warmer for part of the week, but the deep snow is still everywhere, making our visits outdoors all too brief. To pass the time this week we have taken walks around the block (they are so serious as they walk beside me holding my hands and looking around at the big world in awe), gone to the museum (which went surprisingly smooth with just me and the two of them), gone to the library to play, and gone to Anne's to have a little companionship. All of these things are wonderful, but still leave me daydreaming of crocs and flip flops, back yard play and picnics. And we still have a long, long way to go. Lord help me. No, seriously, Lord. Help me. Oh, and did I mention that Sam has thrown up about 10 times in the past two days. Stomach bug. Probably from visiting the wonderful but germy musuem.

Ah well. There are still moments of peace and joy and hilarity. I need to upload some more videos soon. Oh how their playing together makes us laugh. Love to you, Jen

P.S. (Joel is dressed in tights b/c he had just returned from snowshoeing and was taking off layers of clothes and Amelia is wearing boots with her PJs b/c she wants to wear her boots with everything at all times:)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Jenny - I hear you on the weather :(.

Hey, do you have snowshoes? I want to go on Friday w/some friends and was going to rent some, but if you have some I can borrow...

Speaking of borrowing, do you still have my pack n play? Can I get it back or do you still need it?

Jenny said...

Hi Tammy,

Nope, snowshoes were rented from REI. Yes, i do have your pack n play and am so glad you reminded me! It's downstairs in the guest room closet--out of sight, out of mind I guess! I can have Joel bring it to church tomorrow. Jen

Oberg family said...

Hi Hunt Family! I am glad to hear it is peaceful at your house for the time being. Things are stilla little hecktic around here. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I hope we can see eachother more this spring and summer! In the mean time, stay warm and take care! Give the kids a hug for me!

XO -Nay-