Wednesday, January 28, 2009




I am so thankful that Sam and Amelia are not fearless children. They don't dive off of beds/couches/coffee tables. They don't try to walk down steps that don't have railings. They are just pretty safe kids. So, you can imagine my surprise when Amelia pulled quite a stunt today! I was in the kitchen and saw her scoot by on her little bicycle and thought nothing of it. I figured she would just turn around whenever she ran out of space. Then I heard a loud "THUD! THUD! THUD! WAAAAAAAAAA!" I ran over to the stairs and saw Amelia about three steps down on our little landing with her bicycle on top of her! She was fine, mostly just scared, but mano mano! I don't know if she actually tried going down the stairs or if she was turning around or what. I guess it's time to be vigilant again about making sure the baby gate is up.

It made me wonder if she might take after her "bike into garbage can and break hand, and crash into railroad tracks and break ribs" dadoo. Oh my.

Here's a little sample of random video clips for you. Sam and his adorable pronunciation of "bear" and "sister", Amelia's container collection and art, and some clips of the museum, where Sam loves to play with anyone that will run around with him or "shaaaare" with him and Amelia is content to play on her own:)


Happy mid-week to you!
Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i liked it the most when you see sammy following the girl around to play!

Esther said...

They are too cute! Does Amelia like to dress up? Emma is always wearing a hat or necklace of some sort. Lately she's taken to wearing her brother's boots around the house. They'd have fun together!