Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh, you wonderful sun!

I have been sick with a yucky cold since Monday evening. Thankfully Joel was home until about 4 yesterday and could care for the babes. I was a bit worried about today, but lo' and behold we had a fabulous day! I don't know if they could sense something was wrong with mama or what, but they were both on their best behavior and happy as could be. I was in shock as I lay on the couch and they sat down on rug beside me and looked at books for over 30 minutes this morning! Maybe I should try doing that more often. Then they played with wooden beads and bowls for quite a while and then just ran around and giggled. We snuggled and watched Little Bear until lunch and nap time. Then, oh then, I mustered up the energy to slap some random clothes on them (Sam even held his arm out for me to put his coat on:) and go outside. I was determined because it was 40 degrees and the sun was shining. Oh my gosh! My heart was instantly lighter. I out a blanket on a little patch of grass where the snow had melted and the sun was shining and I just lay there while they ran around and picked berries and played with sticks and in the sand box.

Here they are being little angels. I even let them do their own conflict resolution b/c I just didn't have it in me. Usually Sam would grab a book that she was reading, Amelia would fuss and then Sam would hand her a different book while saying "Share" and she would just start looking at it!


Amelia was literally saying "Nu, nu (sun, sun)!" Then, "light, light" when I took this picture. I think they had forgotten what sunshine looked like:)



There was still plenty of snow for Amelia to crunch around in. She marches through the snow like it's nothin. She approaches most of life like that:)


I, for one, chose to stay firmly planted on my little spot of sunshine looking up at the sky. Or these two little faces:)




I tell you, it was pure bliss for that hour in the outdoors. Hope you had a little bliss in your day too, Jen

4 comments:

ann.e said...

it WAS a beautiful day! i went for one little walk and am now wishing I would have been outside longer!! glad it was a good day for you three...

(btw, i'm feeling guilty about my poor-me post yesterday... you're pretty amazing :)]

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, I am so glad the babes and the sunshine cooperated today to make you feel a little better. I hope you are feeling much better soon, very soon. I remember what it was like to be sick with one little one. You are my hero handling it with two little ones. love you, b

Anonymous said...

wish I was there, sweet Jen, to help out but what a blessed day you had! They are so amazed with the sun! I love Amelia's half on half off gown over the skirt. It might catch on!
Love you all,
Mammy

Shanna said...

Yeah for sun!!!! Yeah for a great behavior!! Yeah for a great day!!