Friday, January 02, 2009

Sometimes you just need a magical morning...





My mom left early, early Friday morning.That's how we do things. I never take her to the airport and she leaves before seeing me and the babes. It's a bit easier that way. Anyway, I just really wanted Friday to be an "easy" day. Easy meaning peaceful. And it was. Sammy didn't have a meltdown one. Ahhh. They laughed and played and ran and then concentrated so hard on their little play-dough project. Thank you Lord for peaceful days. We mamas need them to remind us how precious, and magical really, this time really is. Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet the morning sounds!
I miss you my little family.
Love,
Mammy

Court said...

hey....love the new blog header...how did you do that?

Jenny said...

I emailed Court about the header, but just in case any one else wanted to know I designed it using Picnik photo editor--love that site! Jen

Shanna said...

What's the "playdough project"...sounds like one I might like to copy. Did you get it out of a book??

Jenny said...

Hi Shanna, so the "play dough" project was just them taking tooth picks from a little glass jar and sticking them into their play dough. Then, taking them all out and putting them back in the jar. It's like a play dough sculpture I guess:) They concentrated on it much longer than I thought they would. Another thing that keeps them busy is beans. We love em. Just put out a big bowl of dried beans with spoons, a funnel, scoops, etc. and then lots of little containers for them to spoon the beans into. It's a mess, but an easy one to clean up. They can "sweep" right along side you. Hope that helps, Jenny