Tuesday, November 04, 2008


A little video of Melia giving the camera a smackeroo (she kisses EVERYTHING these days:), Sam furiously saying and signing "Papa, Papa" (meaning Auntie Tara:), and a little interview with Amelia at the end. I would try to have Sam say his new words for the camera but a) he does not like to perform and b) he thinks the video camera looks like an airplane and just signs airplane over and over again and can not be distracted! I'll have to get Joelie to do some secret footage when Sam isn't aware some day soon.

Anyhow, life is floating along. Joel started his new job last week at a homeless clinic downtown. I can't believe I haven't posted about the job switch. You may remember me saying that he'd be starting a surgery position. Well, long story short, the clinic called out of "nowhere" and asked if he would still be interested in working there as they were having a provider leave. He hated to tell the surgery group that he had to decline their offer, but the other is pretty much a dream job for him AND it has loan repayment. He is learning a ton already and you can read all about it on his new blog here. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom to start from the very beginning.

All is well on the home front. Amelia continues to crack us up with her antics and affection. Sammy is starting to be quite a little worker and spends his days moving sticks from one spot in the yard to another, filling up his dump truck with rocks and then taking them all out..... so cute!

Must go for now and get lunch ready. Have I told you that I cook now? Yep, I even planned our menu for this week. How did this happen, you ask? One word: Budget. We are going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and it is whipping us into shape. We are SO thankful for it--painful as it is! So, computer time has decreased and kitchen time has increased...hopefully soon I'll be able to "do it all" and catch up with my blogging. Love, Jen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia, Amelia....those shoulders!! That smile!! You are a character! Loved seeing Sammers and "Coco" also! :)and papa T !
Jen, you are an amazing woman...I really know, though painful, you are enjoying your budget! Funny how that works! :) gma

Tammy said...

Glad to hear you are menu planning - I love doing that and have been good at it since I started Weight Watchers. It doesn't always save you money, as I tend to buy healthier food, which costs more. But I do think if you want to save $ that menu planning is essential. So, good luck, and have fun!

Sarah H said...

Oh, Amelia, you are such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see those sweet babies again. they are just down right amazing. can't wait to see the candid camera shots of sam.
lots of love,
grammy

ann.e said...

What a fantastic, adorable little interview! I love how she cocks her head to the side :)

I read Joel's first entry - wow this is going to be such an amazing/trying/rewarding time for all of you. I'm so glad he started a blog to share it all...

Dawn said...

Amelia is absolutely adorable!!! She is loaded with personality! :)
Menu planning - hard to do but well worth the effort, and will help you not only with your budget, but with more t-i-m-e to spend with your cutie pie's!
Love, Puddin'

Shanyn Zink said...

Oh Jen!! It was almost with a bittersweet thrill that I watched that extra darling interview with Shirley Templ-I mean Amelia...because I'm missing her growing up!! :( :( She's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I'm trying to get a good time to call you and catch up!! Sorry I haven't called back yet. I want to. Everything takes so long these days. But in a way it's nice to be forced to slow down and be deliberate for awhile. Anyhew...I am officially into my 2nd trimester - halelujah!! (as of yesterday) and already seeing a definite decrease in nausea. Albeit not RLS yet. Tiredness is still here but diminishing some what. Love you, will catch up soon, Shan