Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What will they look like, these snowy days?

I think of winter and immediately feel overwhelmed. Our time outdoors shrinking from hours of play a day to minutes (mittens fall off, noses get cold, babies get wet.) Putting on snowsuits and mittens and hats and boots is...not fun to say the least. Anyway, I won't go on and on. I'll just say that today was a good reminder that yes, it will be a challenge, but there will be beauty as well.

Beauty in feeling warm and cozy inside while the weather whirls and twirls outside.


Beauty in finding indoor activities that the babes like, such as smooshy homemade play-doh that smells like pumpkin spice--mmm mmm. )


Beauty in the fact that our friends come and keep us company no matter what the weather:)



Beauty in the outdoor play. Even though it was short, and there were a few falls while getting used to wearing boots, seeing them squeal and crunch through the snow was so much fun. It will be a challenge for me to stay content in this area for sure. But don't they look cute in their winter wear? :)



Beauty in a little girl staying up to see her daddy. Poor Sam, he tried so hard. He was the one crying "dada, dada" when he went to sleep but he just couldn't make himself stay awake. Amelia didn't last long once she was in her Papa bear's arms:)



And so our days will go. And I'll try and stay focused on the beauty. And I'll try to be thankful for each new day. All for tonight, Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious little snow bunnies. Thanks for the reminder to be content in all things. I was forgetting...
Much Love,
Grammy

Unknown said...

The picture of them looking out the window with jingle bells in hand makes me so happy. You couldn't find better winter companions :)

Court said...

Wow - first of all, it's so weird to see snow...we're still in shorts here :) The babes look so cute all bundled up. I'm sure that they'll find lots of new ways to be entertained...one of the beauties of having multiples!

ann.e said...

Yes you can ALWAYS count on us for company!! We'll have to plan some wintry 1-yr-old activities together...

Anonymous said...

I agree Grammy...beautiful snow bunnies! and Jenny is so good at trying to be content in all things. This will splash over to the babies, Jen! :)

I imagine there will lots of rides in the covered "snowmobile"! :) They're getting heavier to push though aren't they!

I see Amelia was wearing the red plaid nightie I envisioned her in oh, so long ago...and now here she is...wow!

I wonder who was more happy...Amelia or her daddy getting to hold her!! What a wonderful family to come home to!

It is so great to have friends like Vera and Ann to come play!
love, gma

Mojavi said...

ok I want the recipe for the homemade play dough that smells good!